`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Are Your 2019 Hobby Goals?

RE: What Are Your 2019 Hobby Goals?
(12-27-2018, 10:22 AM)scottzoe Wrote: in 2019 I am setting three goals for my collection, very similar to last year...

1) Pick up 2,399 Different Red Sox cards to put my collection at 50,000 unique Red Sox cards.

2) Thin out the non PC cards I have accumulated over the years (Have to do much better on this goal this year!)

3) Do more scanning and organizing of my PC. (set a goal of uploading 6000 scans on 2 other sites where you can actually update. I have submitted dozens of scans and data corrections here over the course of the last few years with minimal results )

Scott
2019 (almost) final update

1) Pick up 2,399 Different Red Sox cards to put my collection at 50,000 unique Red Sox cards.
Currently have 49,972 with 441 incoming.

2) Thin out the non PC cards I have accumulated over the years (Have to do much better on this goal this year!)
Not so good, this year that will be top priority!

3) Do more scanning and organizing of my PC. (set a goal of uploading 6000 scans on 2 other sites where you can actually update. I have submitted dozens of scans and data corrections here over the course of the last few years with minimal results )
uploaded 6,380 scans and send a few database corrections here as well.

Scott
50,000+ Red Sox cards and counting.

RE: What Are Your 2019 Hobby Goals?
(12-27-2018, 09:04 AM)zeprock Wrote: ...2019 Hobby Goals.
Again I will pick up my 2019 Topps Factory set and try to complete the Update set before the year is done.
Got my Factory set and am missing 41 cards to complete my Update set so that's 86% complete.
(12-27-2018, 09:04 AM)zeprock Wrote: This year will be the first year I will try to put together a complete Topps Heritage set as I've come full circle starting to collect cards in 1970 and putting that entire set together that year. This will be a challenge for me as I will do it through blasters, packs and trades and picking up singles. I will not be buying a case or box. It will be a nostalgic venture for me.
I am at 81% completion on my Heritage set which includes the High Numbers missing 138 cards. I also found a starter set of Heritage Minors and took that on as well and am missing just 15 cards for 93% completion.
(12-27-2018, 09:04 AM)zeprock Wrote: I will try to add another player to my 1000 card club. I have Jose Canseco knocking at the door so this I may accomplish early in the year.
I currently have 999 Beckett recognized Canseco cards in my collection with another on the way so I came very close on this goal. I do have unrecognized Canseco cards in my collection but do not count those when tallying my numbers.
(12-27-2018, 09:04 AM)zeprock Wrote: Again I will attempt to pick up five more autographs of HOF players that I don't already have an auto of. This may be the most difficult task for me.
I picked these up this year with five of them arriving from Aaron on New Years Eve so I just made this goal.

I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html