`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
2018 Prizm blaster break
12-22-2018, 12:45 AM (This post was last modified: 12-22-2018 12:45 AM by spazmatastic.)
2018 Prizm blaster break
I was finishing up my Xmas shopping this afternoon at Target, so of course I had to get a box of cards for myself. They had a few blasters of Prizm and I picked the one hiding behind other sports blasters. I'm happy with it. For those unfamiliar with these blasters, it's 6 packs of 4 cards (3 base and 1 insert or parallel) and a 7th pack with 3 Camo Prizm parallels inside.

Out of the 27 cards, I got 9 PC cards (5 base and 4 parallels/inserts). I also pulled 3 of the SP VAR cards. Here's the breakdown:
*Base cards:
2 - Stewart, 7 - E. Jones, 11 - Bubba CRC (PC), 12 - D. Waltrip, 16 - T. Dillon, 20 - A. Dillon, 25 - SP VAR of RUSTY, 27 - Ward B., 32 - Reddick (RC), 36 - Suarez, 41 - M. Martin (PC), 44 - McMurray, 47 - R. Petty, 49 - SP VAR of Kyle Petty/Victory Gang Junction, 56 - Dale Jr. (PC), 69 - Dale Jr. (PC), 74 - Edwards, 87 - Kyle Busch (PC)

*Prizm parallel: 41 - SP VAR of Mark Martin/Epic Swag (PC)

*Red, White & Blue Prizm parallel: 30 - Hailie Deegan (PC)

*Fireworks Prizm: Mark Martin (PC)

*Illumination: Logano

*Instant Impact Prizm: Harvick

*National Pride - Logano

* Camo Prizms: 37 - T. Labonte, 61 - Stewart, 72 - Dale Jr. (PC)

It was fun and the cards look pretty good. The Camo's could use some work though. They look kinda crappy and nowhere near as good as they did in 2016. It's not very clear that they are the CAMO version. Anyway, thanks for reading and everything is in my ORG if you guys need any of them.

Always looking for: Ozzie Smith/Stan Musial/Lou Brock/STL Cardinals, NFL-CAR/GB/NE and NASCAR-Jimmie Johnson/Mark Martin
[Image: sohzfL.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-22-2018, 09:15 AM
RE: 2018 Prizm blaster break
I agree. lack of info also on alot of the new cards being made as well. Not like the older days...But we all still like to collect.. I like those firework Prizm cards...

Collecting Kyle Larson Haves 345 Different 198*Jeff Gordon Haves 5455 Different 1984*Santa Claus Cards*Sticker Cards*
12-22-2018, 02:18 PM
(12-22-2018 09:15 AM)jasonyeager Wrote:  I agree. lack of info also on alot of the new cards being made as well. Not like the older days...But we all still like to collect.. I like those firework Prizm cards...

Info has really been missing for many years now, at least 10. I wish they would at least put career stats on the cards. It's funny how all the stick-and-ball collectors fuss about only 1 year of stats. At least they get something!
I like the Fireworks insert cards period. I'd like to see the parallels of the Explosion subset. I'm sure those look awesome.

Always looking for: Ozzie Smith/Stan Musial/Lou Brock/STL Cardinals, NFL-CAR/GB/NE and NASCAR-Jimmie Johnson/Mark Martin
12-29-2018, 07:42 AM
Without any memorabilia cards in the 2018 version, you need to be satisfied with the retail only camo parallel. The hobby box is $70 at D&A, on sale, of course...at least you pulled 3 nice camo cards and 3 PC parallels, but a tire card would put more value in the blaster. Are they $20 still?

Looking for:
2012 Total Memorabilia Tony Stewart
Triple 1/1
Quad 1/1
Jumbo 1/1
Hot Rod Relics 1/1
TTTSSA Holofoil /25

05 Studio Portraits Bob Feller

I collect these guys:
[Image: sig2_orig.png]
http://www.dunnere.weebly.com
12-29-2018, 10:09 PM
(12-29-2018 07:42 AM)dunnere Wrote:  Without any memorabilia cards in the 2018 version, you need to be satisfied with the retail only camo parallel. The hobby box is $70 at D&A, on sale, of course...at least you pulled 3 nice camo cards and 3 PC parallels, but a tire card would put more value in the blaster. Are they $20 still?

Yes, still $20. I'm fine with what I pulled. I didn't expect a 'hit', even though I know some AU's have been pulled from blasters. I just wanted to check out the product and I did with that box. The value of my box was really nice at 4x what I paid. The Deegan and Dale Jr. parallels I pulled are worth what I paid by themselves.
With some gift cards to Target that I got for Christmas, I'll probably pick up a couple more boxes. I will not buy a hobby box until they are less than $35. Saw way too many breaks that were basically crap. Seems like every hobby box has 1 good AU and 3 that are just junk and/or real high SN's.

I got a gift card to D&A also. I ordered a bunch of storage/shipping supplies and a hobby box of 2017 Select. I didn't open a single pack of '17 Select, so this should be fun. At around $35, it seemed the time was right to bust a box. And the ONLY way I can pull something I already have is if I pull a specific Jimmie Johnson Black SN3 card!

01-02-2019, 12:13 AM
Not bad on the camos

[Image: marksig1.jpg]
STAN MIKITA CUP FOUNDATIONS
MATT SMABY CUP PRINTING PLATES

BUCKET LINK