`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Huge Milwaukee Brewer Project Trade Thread
10-31-2018, 04:18 AM (This post was last modified: 01-24-2019 11:45 PM by aprirr.)
Huge Milwaukee Brewer Project Trade Thread
Hello my fellow traders!

With my Lucroy needs all being numbered to 10 or less and my Nolan Ryan needs getting harder to come by, I decided to shift my collecting focus to concentrate on my beloved local nine (well, technically 80 miles south but close enough!), the Milwaukee Brewers. My initial goals were to acquire a rookie card or equivalent of every individual who ever played at least one game with the Brew Crew and/or Seattle Pilots and to complete a Topps Brewers team set (including Traded and Update) from every year the team was in existence (1969-present). I have gotten pretty far on both fronts, with some excellent help from some outstanding traders here, and am looking for some more help to get even closer to the goal.

There have been 887 individuals who fit the criteria of at least one game for the Pilots and/or Brewers and I have managed to add a RC or equivalent for 880 of them to my collection.

Of the 7 remaining needs, 3 will be nearly if not entirely impossible for me to get:
- Hank Aaron
- Ken McMullen, who shares his 1963 RC with Pete Rose
- Hank Allen, who shares his 1967 RC with Rod Carew

One other has only one card, a team minor league card, listed in the Beckett database
- Yhonathan Barrios, 2014 West Virginia Power Brandt #2

And one final player who, if you have read Jim Bouton's "Ball Four" you have heard of him, has no cards listed in Beckett and appears to have had not a single card ever made: William "Billy" Williams. Mr. Williams spent 15 years in the minor leagues, mostly with the Cleveland Indians organization, before making his Major League debut with the Seattle Pilots in August of 1969. He had 12 plate appearances in 4 games for the Pilots, in which he went 0 for 10 with 1 walk, 1 HBP and 1 run scored. And, just as fast as he arrived, his ML career was over.

That leaves 2 RC needs and they are:

- 2001 Fleer Platinum #600 Jared Fernandez
- 2002 Ultra #254 Chris Spurling

My Topps Brewer team set project is also nearly complete:

- #39 Jeff D'Amico

- #56 Eric Young
- #480 Richie Sexson

- #441 Geoff Jenkins

If anyone has any of these needs and if I have anything you could use for any of them, feel free to send over a trade offer or post here. I am also looking for Topps Heritage Brewers needs from 2006 to 2010, any Topps flagship Brewers parallels, autos of anyone who ever played for the Brewers/Pilots and, of course, any Nolan Ryan and Robin Yount needs.

I will trade anything in my org for any of the above but I respectfully request that, if you are looking to trade your base/parallels for my autos, the trade be in my favor. Thanks in advance for any help you can give and thanks for checking out this long-winded thread!

Aaron

Collecting Nolan Ryan, Robin Yount, Brewers Topps parallels and Jonathan Lucroy in a Brewers uni

Nolan Ryan Collection : 2144 different
Lucroy Brewers Collection : 586/595 non 1/1's (98.5%) and 61 1/1's

http://s1280.photobucket.com/albums/a488/aprirr/
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-31-2018, 06:14 AM
RE: Huge Milwaukee Brewer Project Trade Thread
Aaron, what an awesome post. I really admire and respect your dedication to your Brewers collection.

Currently collecting Mike Trout, Bo Jackson and Justin Verlander.
10-31-2018, 07:43 AM
(10-31-2018 06:14 AM)cweiland Wrote:  Aaron, what an awesome post. I really admire and respect your dedication to your Brewers collection.

Thanks, Caryn! It is pretty awesome how much one can learn about a team by trying to collect at least one card of every one of it's players. The annual Brewers media guide has been an invaluable tool in this endeavor! You have a few Brewers I could definitely use. I will send over a trade offer sometime today.

Collecting Nolan Ryan, Robin Yount, Brewers Topps parallels and Jonathan Lucroy in a Brewers uni

11-21-2018, 12:44 PM
Still looking for Brewers!

11-22-2018, 11:53 AM
Aaron - Have you ever done any reading on the Newark (NY) Co-Pilots? The league was Single A (NY-P) but as a 12 year old they were exciting to watch, especially in 1973 when the star was a 17 year old Robin Yount. There is information on Google. Wish I had some cards for you.

Scott
11-22-2018, 04:48 PM
(11-22-2018 11:53 AM)garrisc Wrote:  Aaron - Have you ever done any reading on the Newark (NY) Co-Pilots? The league was Single A (NY-P) but as a 12 year old they were exciting to watch, especially in 1973 when the star was a 17 year old Robin Yount. There is information on Google. Wish I had some cards for you.

Scott

My knowledge of the Brewers farm system is pretty much limited to the last 10 years or so but I bet they were fun to watch! I do know that another Brewer great, Jim Gantner, played for Newark in 1974 but only about 60 games. I believe Yount played the whole 1973 season in Newark.