Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Milwaukee Brewer Project Trade Thread

Milwaukee Brewer Project Trade Thread
Hello all.

Having not posted much this year nor traded much in the last few months, I was ready to throw in the towel on collecting and get everything ready to sell. However, a recent trip to Walmart and a rare instance of the card aisle stocked with blasters (2020 Update), I picked up 3 of them and pulled 6 of the 8 Brewers in the set including 2 Devin Williams RCs. With that, I realized how much time and effort I put into and enjoyment I got out of expanding my Brewer collection so determined I should continue on with it and, in the coming year, liquidate everything else.

So, to recap, my goals are to acquire a rookie card or equivalent and an autograph of every individual who ever played at least one game with the Brew Crew and/or Seattle Pilots and to complete a Topps flagship Pilots/Brewers team set (including Traded/Update and all parallels) from every year the team has been in existence (1969-present).  I have all the base team sets completed and most of the pack-issued, non-numbered parallel sets done as well, with the needs of the nearly-complete sets listed below.

There have been 930 individuals who fit the criteria of appearing in at least one game for the Pilots and/or Brewers and I have managed to add a RC or equivalent for 927 of them to my collection.

The 3 remaining needs will be nearly if not entirely impossible for me to get:
- Hank Aaron
- Ken McMullen, who shares his 1963 RC with Pete Rose
- Hank Allen, who shares his 1967 RC with Rod Carew

I would be looking for PSA-graded copies of these in any grade and, although I know the likelihood of trading for them is slim, I will gladly trade anything in my ORG for them.

For all the former Brewers/Pilots who have certified autos available, there are only 4 that I need to acquire:

- Rocky Coppinger (1997 Bowman Certified Autographs - Black, Blue or Gold Ink)
- Bill Doran (2012 Leaf Memories 90 Buyback Autographs)
- Mike Marshall, the 60's/70's pitcher not the 80's/90's 1B/OF (2004 Sweet Spot Signatures)
- Takahito Nomura (various Donruss sets from 2002 and 2003)

There are another 300 or so former Brewers/Pilots who have only IP autos available. If anyone has a large collection of IP autographed cards laying around, I will gladly trade for any Brewers that I don't have.

My Topps Brewer team base sets from 1969 to 2020 are complete as well as the Topps serial-numbered Golds from 2001-2020. There are a few other parallel sets from 2009-2014 that are very close to being done:

2009 Walmart Black Border
- #372 Rickie Weeks
- #479 Brad Nelson
- #UH192 Prince Fielder All Star

2011 Target Throwback
- #92 Chris Narveson
- #143 Jeremy Jeffress
- #251 Alcides Escobar
- #277 Trevor Hoffman
- #465 Yovani Gallardo

2012 Target Red
- #US231 Tim Dillard

I will gladly give at least $10 in trade value for each of the above listed cards.

Finally, I am also very interested in any other Topps flagship Brewer parallels that I don't have including:
- Target Throwback from 2009-2010
- Toys R Us/Meijer Purple from 2012-2020
- Black from 2003-2006 and 2008-2020
- Copper from 2007
- Hope Diamond from 2011
- Pink/Mother's Day Pink from 2013-2020
- Camo from 2013-2014
- Snow Camo from 2015
- Memorial Day Camo from 2017-2020
- Sapphire from 2013
- Clear from 2014-2019
- Framed from 2015-2016
- Father's Day Blue from 2017-2020
- Black and White Negative from 2016-2018
- Independence Day from 2018-2020
- Vintage Stock from 2016-2020
- Any SP Photo Variations from 2009-2020

As I am looking to eventually move nearly everything non-Brewer, I will trade any of my sizable Nolan Ryan collection(2000+) and Michael Jordan collection(around 400) for these Brewer needs. So, if anyone has any of these needs and if I have anything you could use for any of them, feel free to send over a trade offer or post here. I would also be interested in any Robin Yount needs, certain Brewer prospect 1st Bowman Chrome cards and autos and, of course, any Lucroy in a Brewers uniform needs.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give and thanks for checking out this long-winded thread!

Aaron
Collecting Robin Yount, Brewers Topps parallels, Brewers autos and Jonathan Lucroy in a Brewers uni.

Lucroy Brewers Collection : 589/596 non 1/1's (98.8%) and 65 1/1's

RE: Huge Milwaukee Brewer Project Trade Thread
Aaron, what an awesome post. I really admire and respect your dedication to your Brewers collection.
Currently collecting Mike Trout, Bo Jackson and Al Kaline.

Sets for sale or trade:

1998 Leaf Rookies & Stars-- 99.7% complete.
1999 Finest-- Complete.
2000 Bowman Chrome-- Complete.
2001 Studio---97% complete.

(10-31-2018, 06:14 AM)cweiland Wrote: Aaron, what an awesome post. I really admire and respect your dedication to your Brewers collection.
Thanks, Caryn! It is pretty awesome how much one can learn about a team by trying to collect at least one card of every one of it's players. The annual Brewers media guide has been an invaluable tool in this endeavor! You have a few Brewers I could definitely use. I will send over a trade offer sometime today.
Collecting Robin Yount, Brewers Topps parallels, Brewers autos and Jonathan Lucroy in a Brewers uni.

Still looking for Brewers!

Aaron - Have you ever done any reading on the Newark (NY) Co-Pilots? The league was Single A (NY-P) but as a 12 year old they were exciting to watch, especially in 1973 when the star was a 17 year old Robin Yount. There is information on Google. Wish I had some cards for you.

Scott

(11-22-2018, 11:53 AM)garrisc Wrote: Aaron - Have you ever done any reading on the Newark (NY) Co-Pilots? The league was Single A (NY-P) but as a 12 year old they were exciting to watch, especially in 1973 when the star was a 17 year old Robin Yount. There is information on Google. Wish I had some cards for you.

Scott
My knowledge of the Brewers farm system is pretty much limited to the last 10 years or so but I bet they were fun to watch! I do know that another Brewer great, Jim Gantner, played for Newark in 1974 but only about 60 games. I believe Yount played the whole 1973 season in Newark.

RE: Milwaukee Brewer Project Trade Thread
After 2 years and a renewed focus on my Brewers collection, I figure I will bump this up to see if anyone has any nice Brewers to trade!

Offer sent.

coreybush Wrote:Offer sent.
Thanks for the excellent Brewer help! Also looking for any SP Photo Variation Brewer needs from 2009 to present.

Got some nice Brewer parallels coming in and the Robin Yount collection is 3 cards away from 600. Looking for more!