`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1989 #604 Donruss Rare, Error, Brand?

1989 #604 Donruss Rare, Error, Brand?
Can't find the supposed error or misprint on this card. I have emailed peebay sellers of this and none of them do not know what is so special about this card. Can anyone shed some light on this.

Anyone want to buy an invisible card?

RE: 1989 #604 Donruss Rare, Error, Brand?
pictures would be nice.
[Image: 2p7g0XL.png]

It's most likely a super common card that some people are using to mess with other people, like the 1990 Fleer Uribe.

Put a picture up, that might help. Dont get confused with a misprint though.
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

(10-21-2018, 10:29 PM)alfredoleal2001 Wrote: Put a picture up, that might help. Dont get confused with a misprint though.
All the pictures on peebay are the same. You can get a really good look.

It appears that, at the end of the copyright line on the back, some have a period after the C in INC and some do not. The ones that people are asking crazy money for seem to have the period at the end but both versions can be found elsewhere for roughly the same price(a little over a dollar). Since the card is marked in Beckett as DP, which I believe means double printed, I would assume that one print run had the period and one did not. So, instead of 20 million of the same Alex Madrid card(the only licensed card of this former Brewer, by the way), there are most likely 10 million with a period and 10 million without. Just a theory that seems plausible, anyway.
Collecting Robin Yount, Brewers Topps parallels, Brewers autos and Jonathan Lucroy in a Brewers uni.

Lucroy Brewers Collection : 589/596 non 1/1's (98.8%) and 65 1/1's

Could one be from a factory set. I know 1987 Donruss, the backs of the factory set cards are the opposite of the pack pulled cards meaning that if you had one of each and flipped them over the same way, one of the backs would be upside down.

In 1991 they did different border color stripes..
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

(10-20-2018, 07:53 PM)ausport Wrote: It's most likely a super common card that some people are using to mess with other people, like the 1990 Fleer Uribe.
^ This right here!

Ever since the Uribe started popping up I'll go on ebay and punch in a junk wax year and product for fun.It's amazing some of the prices you see on some cards that it would be best to just use for kindling.

Usually the sellers will use words like "vintage", "super rare", or "a must have for any serious collector". Unfortunately some uninformed or new collectors fall for this crap and spend $100 on an 89 Donruss Alex Madrid or 1990 Fleer Jose Uribe.

While the Donruss cards numbered 600+ are in shorter supply there are still millions of them out there.