`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Difference between Topps Chrome Gold Refractor and Gold Wave Refractor

Difference between Topps Chrome Gold Refractor and Gold Wave Refractor
I just pulled a Gold Refractor of Ronald Acuna. I know it's a Gold Refractor cause it's serial # out of 50 but how can I tell if it's a Gold Refractor or Gold Wave Refractor?? They're both serial # out of 50 and both have the same book value so not a big deal but just curious if anyone knows how to tell the difference. I also have a Green Refractor of Jon Lester and it's the same thing, there is a Green and Green Wave with same serial # and same book value so again just wondering if there is an obvious way of telling the difference.

RE: Difference between Topps Chrome Gold Refractor and Gold Wave Refractor
The Wave refractors (Gold, Blue, etc) have an actual wave pattern in the background (hence the "wave" in the name).

You'd know if you had one. They look quite a bit different than the regular ones.
There is a God and his name is Billy Joel

(09-11-2018, 07:38 PM)hempick Wrote: The Wave refractors (Gold, Blue, etc) have an actual wave pattern in the background (hence the "wave" in the name).

You'd know if you had one. They look quite a bit different than the regular ones.
Agreed. Not a subtle difference at all. Same with the Shimmer refractors. You know it when you see it.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Had someone trade and Gold Ref and it was a wave..which I had..moving them around in the light makes it easier to see..

If you want to trade it..my son collects Braves..I have 50000+ for trade to help you out with your collection..

Nice pull!!

(09-11-2018, 07:23 PM)BigBlueAL Wrote: I just pulled a Gold Refractor of Ronald Acuna. I know it's a Gold Refractor cause it's serial # out of 50 but how can I tell if it's a Gold Refractor or Gold Wave Refractor?? They're both serial # out of 50 and both have the same book value so not a big deal but just curious if anyone knows how to tell the difference. I also have a Green Refractor of Jon Lester and it's the same thing, there is a Green and Green Wave with same serial # and same book value so again just wondering if there is an obvious way of telling the difference.
[Image: 30726824638_6b35613ae9_c.jpg]33/50

That's a Gold Wave refractor to compare with your Gold Refractor.