`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Printing Plate colors

Printing Plate colors
Most if not all use Yellow, Magenta, Cyan, and Black.

Are there any other colors ever used or are those the 4 universal colors used for evry card made ?

RE: Printing Plate colors
I do remember seeing earlier ones using light magenta, light cyan printed on the backs of them.
Selling my org out
Rolleyes

I think close to 95% of them are magenta, cyan, yellow and black. At lease they were when I was in the printing business.
[Image: 2p7g0XL.png]

Those are the colors used in printing. Those four process colors will make any picture. I'm currently in the printing business, and that's what we use to print. There are hundreds if not thousands of other spot colors, but we won't get too technical in a baseball card forum.
Barry Larkin - 1781 different
Joey Votto jersey numbered cards - 283

Not sure if anyone else has noticed this but every time I get my hands on a plate it's the cyan 9 times out of 10. I rarely see the magenta and black plates.
[Image: drdwe0.jpg]

(09-07-2018, 11:13 AM)ryanmo5 Wrote: Not sure if anyone else has noticed this but every time I get my hands on a plate it's the cyan 9 times out of 10. I rarely see the magenta and black plates.
For whatever reason, I always get yellow most often. I wish I could get cyan ones as it is my favorite color.
There is a God and his name is Billy Joel

I always seem to find Black printing plates. Though I normally don't hunt for them because my PC (Griffey Jr) are usually so expensive. But to respond to the initial OP's question, commercial printing is always done in CMYK.
I focus my PC on Ken Griffey Jr but I also collect Jay Buhner, Steve Largent and Ryan Bader. Secondary collection: Seattle teams & Univ. of Arizona

(09-07-2018, 05:34 PM)jumper4d8 Wrote: I always seem to find Black printing plates. Though I normally don't hunt for them because my PC (Griffey Jr) are usually so expensive. But to respond to the initial OP's question, commercial printing is always done in CMYK.
[Image: udxx.jpg]
[Image: 2386.jpg]
[Image: sades.jpg]
[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v520/mnbamboozled/grif
feys/]My Griffeys[/url]