Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Speeding up the trading process

Speeding up the trading process
Hey guys,

I'm getting less time lately to work on trade offers so I thought I would try giving you guys some more info about me and get some more info about you so that hopefully it will make setting up trades a bit easier. Here's what I think would be useful to know.

1. Are you actively trading or not trading? Knowing when you are not trading is just as important as knowing when you are. Wasting time picking out cards and sending an offer to someone who is never going to reply is a pain.

2. Do you use want lists and do all your wants show up as stars? It would be great to know whether checking your wants means anything or not. For those whose wants always show up as a star, I will know then to only send offers when I see wants.

3. Will you reply to open offers or only offers where both sides are done? If you don't want open offers, it would be great to know so that more time isn't wasted.

4. Any other tendencies or rules that you follow? Anything that bugs you?

And here's my answers to those questions:

1. I am actively trading and not considering giving up yet. I would leave a message if I did. It would be great if there were a checkbox in your profile to say whether you are trading or not. If not, this would either be displayed in your preferences or your "Trade cards with me" link wouldn't work. That way you could opt in or out without needing to change your wants list. Not having a subscription should also keep you from receiving or making new trades.

2. I have a huge list of wants and most of them don't show up as stars. So just because my side says that I don't have wants, that doesn't mean that it's true. I can send you a list of all my wants if that would help future trades.

3. I will reply to any and all offers. Sometimes it might take me a while to get to it, but I'm going to hopefully get better at sending a reply in 2 or 3 days to let you know that I know it's there and give an estimate to when I will get to it.

4. I'm pretty easy going so not many peeves. Cards taped up like a mummy so that it takes a weekend to open your mail is a peeve, but I won't complain too much about it. Team bags or cases and a minimum amount of tape are secure and so much easier to open. Masking tape is great as well. Trading away cards that are in an offer that has been sent back bugs me as well. If I send you an offer with cards on your side, I will have them pulled or explain why I don't and remove them from the list if involved in another trade. Endlessly adjusting cards involved in a trade is a pain for sure. A trade shouldn't take more than a month to finalize unless there is an agreed upon reason.

I have a list of traders that I go through around once a month to see if we can make a trade. Anyone who hasn't traded for at least a month, I skip past so I don't waste my time setting up a trade for someone who isn't actively trading. If you haven't traded for a while but still are actively trading, post that you are still trading here or send me a message so I will continue to check on you every month.

Thanks for reading, I hope this info can help everyone with future trades. I appreciate any info I can get. I am also planning on starting a thread which I will update with the new cards I get. My list is getting huge, so hopefully that will be a help as well.

Jamie

RE: Speeding up the trading process
Just wanted to post that this dude is a solid trader. Fellow Newfoundlander and a real pleasure to deal with.

I'm an active trader with most wants listed. Working on specific sets which again are listed. I probably have a lot of base listed as wants - that's not accurate not really interested in base.

No real pet peeves just want cards in good condition and I try my best to ensure I send the same.

Always up for offers and for making them!

RE: Speeding up the trading process
(06-18-2018, 11:00 AM)jason1980 Wrote: Just wanted to post that this dude is a solid trader. Fellow Newfoundlander and a real pleasure to deal with.

I'm an active trader with most wants listed. Working on specific sets which again are listed. I probably have a lot of base listed as wants - that's not accurate not really interested in base.

No real pet peeves just want cards in good condition and I try my best to ensure I send the same.

Always up for offers and for making them!
Thanks for the info Jason, always a blast trading with you.