`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Best way to protect cards

RE: Best way to protect cards
It is pretty amazing how someone can take a perfectly good card and damage it in the process of trying to protect it without even realizing it.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

Whenever I get cards with black, dark blue, or red border, I start one corner in the sleeve and then slowly put in the other corner. If it catches at all, I start over. Painfully slow process, but it is so easy to make those dark corners just a smidgen white!

And, don't even get me started on those thicker base cards, like Museum and Triple Threads!

(06-20-2018, 08:34 AM)kerryandbeth Wrote: Whenever I get cards with black, dark blue, or red border, I start one corner in the sleeve and then slowly put in the other corner. If it catches at all, I start over. Painfully slow process, but it is so easy to make those dark corners just a smidgen white!

And, don't even get me started on those thicker base cards, like Museum and Triple Threads!
I am the same way. It is a slow tedious process. Probably one of the main reasons my eyesight has gotten so much worse over the past couple of years. Ditto on the Museum and Triple Threads. There's got to be another way..............
Currently collecting Mike Trout, Bo Jackson and Al Kaline.

Sets for sale or trade:

1998 Leaf Rookies & Stars-- 99.7% complete.
1999 Finest-- Complete.
2000 Bowman Chrome-- Complete.
2001 Studio---97% complete.

(06-20-2018, 06:49 AM)jonathani Wrote: It is pretty amazing how someone can take a perfectly good card and damage it in the process of trying to protect it without even realizing it.
Yes, or in the process of half-assing it and being careless.

Over the holidays I ordered a Prizm jersey card of JuJu Smith-Schuster for my USC football PC from Amazon, and the megastore that the card was from sent me one with a badly whited out back corner.

When I sent a scan to the sales rep and pointed out that I specifically buy Prizm cards online to avoid this problem, he really seemed to not give two f--ks and just refunded my shipping cost.

There also used to be a card shop in my area where the guy would just slam the cards into the penny sleeves, and basically almost every one of his singles had the same trademark bottom right corner white-out.

Yes, cutting each penny sleeve along the top right edge is tedious; I also know that nobody I've ever traded with or sold a card to has ever had this problem because I am very careful.