`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finally Sent a card in for grading. "Oh" what a thrill

Finally Sent a card in for grading. "Oh" what a thrill
I am more of a vintage collector but Ohtani mania got the best of me. Was lucky enough to ick this up via a youtube break and albeit a lower tier auto I am thrilled. Probably going to keep this in the PC but was wondering if the 9 auto hurts its value?
Thanks, input appreciated.

photo IMG-20180505-WA0026.jpg

photo IMG-20180505-WA0025.jpg
Collecting Vintage football and all things Mickey Mantle.
[Image: th_598ff54f.jpg]

RE: Finally Sent a card in for grading. "Oh" what a thrill
I thought collectors get cards graded for two reasons: either to increase value for selling or protect the card for keeping. So, if you plan to keep the card, why are you asking if the '9' autograph hurts?

Of course I am just messing with you...it's Friday, you know.

Personally I think you got hosed on the auto grade.

In general, for sticker autos, if it's not cut off at any point and the sig is bold enough, they usually get 10s.

Oh well, I'm happy to take it off your hands if you're bummed about it.

Great card!

(05-11-2018, 12:10 PM)kerryandbeth Wrote: I thought collectors get cards graded for two reasons: either to increase value for selling or protect the card for keeping. So, if you plan to keep the card, why are you asking if the '9' autograph hurts?

Of course I am just messing with you...it's Friday, you know.
Ha!! Well saidSmile
Honestly the only way i would sell/trade etc is if i can land a heritage or bowman auto of ohtani. But it seems the overwhelming majority of graded cards i see seem to have a 10 auto. So i was curious that "if" i move it the 9 hurts?

Always love some good humor. Thanks
(05-11-2018, 12:17 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Personally I think you got hosed on the auto grade.

In general, for sticker autos, if it's not cut off at any point and the sig is bold enough, they usually get 10s.

Oh well, I'm happy to take it off your hands if you're bummed about it.

Great card!
Thanks, i thought 9 auto was a tad harsh too. It seems they all almost default to 10Sad
That said tge 9.5 is thrilling for my first graded. (Expensive process though, ouch)
Collecting Vintage football and all things Mickey Mantle.
[Image: th_598ff54f.jpg]