`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1 Hobby Case 2018 Bowman

1 Hobby Case 2018 Bowman
I must say this is probably the least fun I've ever had breaking. The price....the weak checklist....the fact that unless I hit an Otani I wont be getting another break.

It sucks, so did this.

Everything is for sale or trade (except the Gimenez base auto). Make offers but I will put a thread out tomorrow I think

Still about 10 autos I need

[Image: Scan606_zpscphtvg7p.jpg]
[Image: Scan610_zpsu2bbeij0.jpg]
[Image: Scan605_zpsviujy3xm.jpg]
[Image: Scan607_zpsjacryz20.jpg]
[Image: Scan608_zpssfpm5hcj.jpg]
[Image: Scan604_zpscyggpbbj.jpg]
[Image: Scan603_zpsxlptmwdl.jpg]

[Image: Scan600_zps6isqgkro.jpg]
[Image: Scan611_zps5vz2ez5c.jpg]
If you are going to ship in a plain white envelope, please let me know before shipping unless agreed upon beforehand.

If you do not have more than 25 trades, you are sending first! Or else,
sorry!

RE: 1 Hobby Case 2018 Bowman
How much for all your base refractors? Willing to buy or trade.

Wow! Sorry to see that. I like to be positive and encouraging whenever possible, buy yeah, hard to see the silver lining in that dark cloud. When the Nicky Delmonico auto /25 is the best of the hits there's not a lot to be happy about. 4 base Ohtani cards are pretty good, I guess?

I just found 4 hanger 3-packs of Bowman (No Blasters at all!!) and hit zero autos, but got a base Ohtani and a red Lindor /5 Bowman Birthday Chrome and a green /99 chrome of Gavin LaValley(?). Not sure if thats really good or mediocre, but I guess its not bad for a $40 purchase.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

I kind of felt the same way about my $150 retail break ... 2 base Ohtanis, one green shimmer auto.

So so.

I think I'm done with Bowman.

How much for the Jo Adell Atomic and the Chris Rodriguez auto?
Desert racing baseball card collector? Yeah, that's not weird...

Interested in all Angels. PM Me.
Angels cards - Jo Adell, Mike Trout, Reid Detmers, Ohtani, Bachman, O'Hoppe, Joyce, Zach Neto etc. 

Looking for Bowman Chrome Draft and Chrome Prospects set fillers. PM me what you have avail!

The thing with Bowman is, it may seem disappointing not to hit the big name guy everyone is chasing, but 4-5 years from now, one of these guys you've never heard of might really take off. In 2010, everyone was looking for Strasburg. I know I was. But looking back a few years later I found a Gary Sanchez green x-fractor in a common box I had completely forgotten about. Never heard of him in '10, so now that ends up being a nice little surprise. And how many others were in that set? Machado, Altuve, Arenado. Most of us weren't looking for them 8 years ago, and they were all overshadowed by Strasburg. Very similar to what is happening this year with Ohtani. So if I ever find some Bowman this year on the Target shelves, because I am priced out of hobby, I'll be holding on to what I pull, because you never quite know.
Barry Larkin - 1781 different
Joey Votto jersey numbered cards - 283

(04-30-2018, 09:34 PM)bengalsandreds Wrote: The thing with Bowman is, it may seem disappointing not to hit the big name guy everyone is chasing, but 4-5 years from now, one of these guys you've never heard of might really take off. In 2010, everyone was looking for Strasburg. I know I was. But looking back a few years later I found a Gary Sanchez green x-fractor in a common box I had completely forgotten about. Never heard of him in '10, so now that ends up being a nice little surprise. And how many others were in that set? Machado, Altuve, Arenado. Most of us weren't looking for them 8 years ago, and they were all overshadowed by Strasburg. Very similar to what is happening this year with Ohtani. So if I ever find some Bowman this year on the Target shelves, because I am priced out of hobby, I'll be holding on to what I pull, because you never quite know.
Quite true.
My momma always said Bowman was like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get Smile
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(05-01-2018, 07:09 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Quite true.
My momma always said Bowman was like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get Smile
Ha! Good one!! But, I would slightly disagree...out of Bowman in any year, you always get 1 or 2 great cards, 4 to 8 good cards, and a large box of commons that you are stuck with the rest of your life.
I have passed on Bowman the past two years because the guys happy with the busting are far and few between, but people keep busting since those 1 to 2 great cards can be really great for the wallet, or PC in some cases.

This break is different than years past. The cases are double and in jumbos case TRIPLE the usual price with Otani and breakers.

You really gonna be happy with yourself after dropping 3K on a case and saying "Maybe in 5 years Cedric Mullins might be a 50$ card?"

This break and checklist suck. Its a joke and its getting worse.

I would have to have hit an Otani or a huge orange/red to make any money back on this
If you are going to ship in a plain white envelope, please let me know before shipping unless agreed upon beforehand.

If you do not have more than 25 trades, you are sending first! Or else,
sorry!