`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2018 DK break from "the Land of the Rising Sun" scans

2018 DK break from "the Land of the Rising Sun" scans
I have not bought modern cards in years. That said Ohtani Mania got the best of me and I am glad it did.
I decided to break two boxes of 2018 Diamond Kings and take part in 2 Six box half case Diamond Kings Breaks via my fave online breaker.

From what I have seen online (yes I am the type of nerd that loves watching online breaksSmile Diamond Kings seemed to be flooding the market with Shohei cards so what the heck.

The two boxes produce 6 of what I wanted, a variety of Ohtani Rookie cards.... The case however landed me the #9 spot and a breaking miracle occurred......

Seriously what are the odds of getting the player you wanted out of only 2 boxes and 2 breaks. Suffice to say I AM VERY EXCITED! (keep scrolling if you pleaseSmile

HERE ARE THE individual box HITS: Dustin Fowler and Brandon Woodward Patch Autos, Joey Gallo

[Image: th_IMG-20180422-WA0043.jpg][Image: th_IMG-20180422-WA0039.jpg][Image: th_IMG-20180422-WA0020.jpg]

Then 6 Different Ohtani cards and a Devers SP
[Image: th_IMG-20180422-WA0017%201.jpg][Image: th_IMG-20180422-WA0033.jpg][Image: th_IMG-20180422-WA0028.jpg][Image: th_IMG-20180422-WA0024.jpg][Image: th_IMG-20180422-WA0026.jpg]

There were a few doubles....

Then in the second box of the second break in the #9 serial number break spot absolute magic....

photo FB_IMG_1524371578295.jpg

Still cannot believe my luck to actually pull the no kidding auto I was looking for.I also landed TWO more of the SP Ohtani 139 cards from DK and a few lesser patch cards... 2 boxes and 2 group break serial #breaks 9 of my target including the auto.

I am thinking of grading? Thoughts on grading it?
Collecting Vintage football and all things Mickey Mantle.
[Image: th_598ff54f.jpg]

RE: 2018 DK break from "the Land of the Rising Sun" scans
That is Awesome! I know what you mean about Diamond Kings Flooding the market, I've cracked 2 boxes and pulled 5 different Ohtani cards myself, 4 from 1 box!
''I've never been in style, so I can never go out of style." - Lillian Gish ( 1
893 - 1993)

(04-23-2018, 01:14 PM)jaykayzee Wrote: That is Awesome! I know what you mean about Diamond Kings Flooding the market, I've cracked 2 boxes and pulled 5 different Ohtani cards myself, 4 from 1 box!

Thanks I appreciate it.

Yeah I watched probably 15 boxes of diamond kings opened on youtube and only 2 boxes had no Ohtani cards and more then a few had 5 but most around 3. It just made sense to buy DK since Shohei was who I was looking to pick up. Hope he pitches tomorrow night.
Collecting Vintage football and all things Mickey Mantle.
[Image: th_598ff54f.jpg]

Retail report - eight blasters, 9 total Ohtani cards, including 2 "blue frame" retail exclusives in the silver bonus packs.

One of those was a Japanese variation, the other was a B/W variation.

I also pulled a B/W "artist's proof" in one of the silver packs.

I also pulled five GU/auto cards ... mem cards of Dillon Peters (2), Paul Blackburn, and Reyes Moronta, as well as an auto/jersey of Antonio Senzatela of the Rockies.

I have a feeling that if I found more DK blasters I would at least pull a mem card of Ohtani.

Big money
[Image: marksig1.jpg]
STAN MIKITA CUP FOUNDATIONS
MATT SMABY CUP PRINTING PLATES

BUCKET LINK