`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1973 Topps set--My first vintage set

RE: 1973 Topps set--My first vintage set
I just started working on my first vintage set as well...'71 Topps. Looks to be quite a challenge depending on how I look at condition. High numbers will be a bit of a challenge as well.

(04-18-2018, 04:33 PM)markhamilton Wrote: I just started working on my first vintage set as well...'71 Topps. Looks to be quite a challenge depending on how I look at condition. High numbers will be a bit of a challenge as well.
Good luck with the '71 set. Started the '73 set because I already had the Schmidt rookie being a Phillies fan and it doesn't seem too difficult with that card out of the way. I'm trying to stay in the exmt to nm range. Not to hard on the wallet. Keep me updated on your progress.
Collecting Phillies base cards from 1950-present
Collecting all catcher prospect and rookie cards

Awesome! That 73 set is a bugger and a half to complete in anything above EXMT. Congrats!

Nice. The beginning of a new addiction. It is a great feeling putting those vintage sets together.

Really hope you enjoy it. Whenever i put together a v8ntage set i love researching some of the players i have vaguely heard of or getting more info on HOFers. Vintage can be suprisingly cheap and anything pre 1980 is a very sound collecting investment. Enjoy and have fun. If you ever get a chance at a card show to hunt down vintage commons they are usually good prices, open to a little negotiation if you are spending and it is so fun.
Collecting Vintage football and all things Mickey Mantle.
[Image: th_598ff54f.jpg]