`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Honus Bonus?

Honus Bonus?
So I picked up a Stephen Strasburg honus bonus card and it says 1/1 on it. I got it from a vendor. Tried looking it up but don't see it in Beckett anywhere. Anyone have any insight as to what it may be worth or what the deal is with these cards? Got some info from the net but curious to see what you guys think about these cards

[Image: 65y736.jpg]
[Image: drdwe0.jpg]

RE: Honus Bonus?
I'm sorry, maybe my mind is just off this morning, but what card company puts out "HBP"? Also, is there, perhaps, one card for each game played?
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

These cards were put out as part of a card game. One that was to be played online, but I think by the time the cards really made it to market, the company was all but closed up and the website was already down.

Also, I do believe that there is a 1/1 for every game that was played. The "1/1" cards were one per box if I remember correctly. There was a guy who was buying up the boxes (for around $15 a box by the end)leaving the rest of the cards behind and just taking the 1/1, said he was able to get enough for them online to make it worth the cost.
''I've never been in style, so I can never go out of style." - Lillian Gish ( 1
893 - 1993)

Here is the card you have:
https://www.beckett.com/baseball/2017/ho...9-14100179

They are marked as 1/1, but since they made 69 Strasburg cards (one for each of his career wins) Beckett has the cards noted as total print run of 69 with serial numbering out of 1 (i.e. each is a 1/1 but there are 69 variations). Due to this a lot of people don't value these as much as other 1/1 cards. That being said Strasburg only having 69 of these is not bad compared to some players that have hundreds.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

djohn is correct..the Honus Bonus milestone cards are all #ed 1/1 with different versions of the milestone. Posey has 116 for his milestone for career HRs..I have #52 HR. I would get another one if they ever came up..there are none on eBay at this time..

They are reasonably priced in OPG if there are enough cards to price.