`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
I'm surprised ... one of three has arrived! I was surprised :) pic added

RE: I'm surprised ... one of three has arrived! I was surprised :) (pic added)
(04-29-2018, 08:22 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: You can log onto the Topps site and track your redemptions yourself. I was surprised to get my redemption in the mail because I was checking and missed 2 days ... thats when it was shipped out. Surprise!! Smile
I've got two more in the queue. Hopefully they'll pleasantly surprise me as well.
Yeah, that's what I've been doing. It would be nice if I could actually change the email in the system, though, so I don't have to get disappointed when my redemption statuses aren't updated. :-p
There is a God and his name is Billy Joel

Mine now has an option to "request substitute"
Is this thing on?

(04-30-2018, 10:20 AM)shivelycore Wrote: Mine now has an option to "request substitute"
That happened to me with one of my Judge redemptions before he finally signed. It doesn't really mean anything, though. Just keep waiting, imo. If the person signs, then you'll still get your card. If not, you can request something else if you want. (Sometimes it takes up to 3 years for players to sign, though...)

I would strongly recommend against "request a substitute" unless you can actually talk to a live rep and request a specific card or specific player.

Long story short, I once sent in a redemption for an Allen Iverson auto (pulled it in a box from my grandparents, one of the last gifts they ever gave me), waited a year and a half and then Topps sent me three scrub autos and three scrub jersey cards as "equal replacement."

Don't let them get away with it!

I agree. I'd hold out as long as possible.

Yeah I wasnt planning on it. I just noticed that it wasnt listed there previously as an option which i found odd since I know some Bellinger autos are going out.
Is this thing on?

(05-01-2018, 06:58 AM)shivelycore Wrote: Yeah I wasnt planning on it. I just noticed that it wasnt listed there previously as an option which i found odd since I know some Bellinger autos are going out.
It's only a time sensitive prompt ... it doesn't mean you won't get the card in the next 3 weeks or 3 months or 3 years ... just giving you an option.
I'm still waiting on Benenetti and Bellinger.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

I pulled a Altuve Black and White Jackie Robinson variant sig redemption (#/42) out of an '18 Gypsy Queen Walmart fat pack (3+1). Redeemed online and received the card in less that two weeks. Shocking to say the least!

(05-02-2018, 10:33 AM)markhamilton Wrote: I pulled a Altuve Black and White Jackie Robinson variant sig redemption (#/42) out of an '18 Gypsy Queen Walmart fat pack (3+1). Redeemed online and received the card in less that two weeks. Shocking to say the least!
If they have the card 'in hand' they usually don't have a long turn around. I've had a few of these quick redemptions before. It's really just luck of the draw.
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

RE: I'm surprised ... one of three has arrived! I was surprised :) Update
A few weeks ago, I got my Benintendi Chrome auto and today ... the Bellinger redemption arrived!!! Topps and I are all squared away. Pics to follow