`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
1975 Topps MINI George Brett

RE: 1975 Topps MINI George Brett
I think the only 1975 Topps Mini Reprint cards that Topps has made thus far were inserts from their 2011 Topps Lineage set and inserts included with 2016 Topps Mini sets and Brett was not included in either of those. If you're seeing 1975 Topps Mini Reprint Brett cards they are either original 1975 Topps Minis or they are fake.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

Yes, zeprock, thanks for the info. I thought the 75 George Brett MINI REPRINTS were fake cards. Here are the 5 regular finish, REGULAR SIZE '75 Brett Topps chase cards I have found:
2001 Archives Through the Years #30
2003 Fan Favorites # 20
2014 Silver Framed (plus, foil-stamped numbered x/199)
2016 Berger's Best # BB-24
2017 Rediscover Topps #RT6 but not actually numbered
There are a few other rookie card look-a-likes, one is 5x7 and 2 are Chromium.

I have seen the 70 and 71? Topps MINI version insert/chase cards of recent years. As well as the god-awful 91 and 92 Topps micro card sets.

There is also the 2010 Topps Cards Your Mom Threw Out insert of Brett that is a reprint of his 1975 card. That comes in two versions including the regular insert and the "Original Back".
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

(04-11-2018, 01:44 PM)mecha1166 Wrote: I have seen the 70 and 71? Topps MINI version insert/chase cards of recent years. As well as the god-awful 91 and 92 Topps micro card sets.
I believe what you are talking about here are mini insert sets from 2012 and 2013. '12 had the 1987 design and '13 had the 1971 design. Topps has not done a mini insert set with the 1975 design. I hope this helps answer some of your question......
Barry Larkin - 1781 different
Joey Votto jersey numbered cards - 283

Zeprock and bengalsandreds - thanks for the info.

Personally, due to reported forgeries of many vintage cards, I started buying only graded Mantle cards from the 1960s. They're too much money to risk finding out that I was defrauded. It's worth the peace of mind and the extra couple of bucks to get it already slabbed than submitting it and getting bad news after the fact.
IMO, As the value of a card increases over $75-100 (perhaps like the Brett RC mini as well as many vintage HOF RC cards are today) I'd say that would catch the attention of the opportunistic fraudsters and fakers in order to make a quick buck on the unsuspecting collectors. Buyer beware and all that ....
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.