`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How bad are counterfeits messing up the market?

RE: How bad are counterfeits messing up the market?
I once needed a Larry Fitzgerald RC for my 2004 Topps football set and bought one on the bay ... sure enough the guy had sent me the 2010 Topps reprint of the card.

I pointed it out to him and he refunded my money, then told me to keep the card.

Yea, some of the inserts Topps does that reprint older cards can add to the confusion. At least they typically add the new date that it was printed to make it easy to tell that it's a reprint (albeit by reading the fine print on the back of the card).
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

Try selling REPLICA Disney stuff at Megacon Orlando. I have heard from a vendor there that Disney comes in and check things, and last time this vendor was there, other vendors were removed from the premesis. They have this in the rules now:

MegaCon does not permit or condone the sale of bootleg or unauthorized merchandise at the show.
The sale and/or display of ANY merchandise shall ONLY BE ALLOWED where the merchandise has been approved by
the license holder for the property depicted and does not infringe on copyright or trademark laws.
By attending MegaCon as an exhibitor, you are agreeing to follow these guidelines and any violation may result in
immediate expulsion from the event without refund.
MegaCon works with law enforcement authorities, licensees, and rights holder to act against the sale of bootleg and
unauthorized merchandise at this event. Any exhibitor caught selling any bootleg or otherwise unauthorized material
or merchandise may additionally be subject to prosecution by local, state and federal authorities who will be given
full access to this event.

I am sure there will be people that will argue the differences between REPRODUCTION, FAKE, COUNTERFEIT, COPY, UNAUTHORIZED, BOOTLEG, and REPLICA.