Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
2018 RFFG - Week 8 - STANDINGS
04-16-2018, 10:40 PM
RE: 2018 RFFG - Week 8 - STANDINGS
(04-16-2018 10:19 PM)dunnere Wrote:  Glad you're ok, dude...those tornadoes were way too close to you, bro.

The storms hit NE Ohio pretty hard, some flooding, high winds but no twisters.

I missed today's race conclusion...the Sunday coverage was crazy. So many Cautions and the weather delays...it really made it hard to see any flow. Too bad for Blaney, he was really good. I'm not surprised that Busch got the win, but Larson seemed so much better than him...they must have figured out how to get the 18 in line.

My local FOX station's chief meteorologist actually cut in with split screen during the last Bristol red flag for updates. After the race was postponed, the local weather team came on immediately with continuous updates. After the tornado was confirmed, the satellite went out. I immediately went outside and started watching the clouds to see if I saw any swirling. Then the power went out and shortly afterwards, the rain hit forcing me back inside. I continued watching through the sliding glass door. I never saw any swirling or debris in the clouds. Once again, living in a bowl lower than surrounding terrain helped out here. I'm sure there would have been some tree damage if we weren't lower than the land around us. My Grandma lives WAY closer to the area that was hit (maybe a mile away at closest point) and still doesn't have power back yet. She was watching the trees around her during the storm and didn't see anything too bad. She said that she talked to some neighbors today and they told her she should have looked above the trees. They saw debris flying through the air up there that the tornado had sucked up and was still traveling with the storm.

As for the race, KyB's car was much better on long runs, so I'm sure that's how he got past Larson late. I was really happy to see that Bubba got to lead his 1st laps in a Cup car! Also thrilled with JJ's best finish of the year in 3rd.

Always looking for: Ozzie Smith/Stan Musial/Lou Brock/STL Cardinals, NFL-CAR/GB/NE and NASCAR-Jimmie Johnson/Mark Martin
[Image: sohzfL.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-17-2018, 09:32 AM
(04-16-2018 10:40 PM)spazmatastic Wrote:  My local FOX station's chief meteorologist actually cut in with split screen during the last Bristol red flag for updates. After the race was postponed, the local weather team came on immediately with continuous updates. After the tornado was confirmed, the satellite went out. I immediately went outside and started watching the clouds to see if I saw any swirling. Then the power went out and shortly afterwards, the rain hit forcing me back inside. I continued watching through the sliding glass door. I never saw any swirling or debris in the clouds. Once again, living in a bowl lower than surrounding terrain helped out here. I'm sure there would have been some tree damage if we weren't lower than the land around us. My Grandma lives WAY closer to the area that was hit (maybe a mile away at closest point) and still doesn't have power back yet. She was watching the trees around her during the storm and didn't see anything too bad. She said that she talked to some neighbors today and they told her she should have looked above the trees. They saw debris flying through the air up there that the tornado had sucked up and was still traveling with the storm.

As for the race, KyB's car was much better on long runs, so I'm sure that's how he got past Larson late. I was really happy to see that Bubba got to lead his 1st laps in a Cup car! Also thrilled with JJ's best finish of the year in 3rd.

Crazy weather story, Adam. Wow.

KyB struggled Sunday...it was obviously all of the short runs...

Bubba is getting mad run on all of the NASCAR venues...if he gets a win, look out! Respectable 16th at Bristol, with 5 laps led. Good show.

Finally for JJ is right. That is a good track for him anyway, and finally getting things together and staying out of trouble is a huge positive. When you run up front, the trouble is usually behind you. When you run in the back, you are always in the mix for something bad to happen.

Looking for:
2012 Total Memorabilia Tony Stewart
Dual /5
Hot Rod Relics 1/1
Jumbo 1/1
Quad 1/1
Triple 1/1

05 Studio Portraits Bob Feller

I collect these guys:
[Image: sig2_orig.png]
http://www.dunnere.weebly.com
04-20-2018, 06:49 AM
Adam, glad you are doing OK. As much as winter can drag in upstate NY it is nice not to have some of the crazy weather that occurs in the South and Midwest. Glad your safe!

Paul Goldschmidt: 634 Total Cards, 339 Different
Joe Montana: 325 Total Cards, 267 Different
Jerry Rice: 685 Total Cards, 618 Different
Steve Young: 942 Total Cards, 742 Different