`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Toys r Us purple

RE: Toys r Us purple
I just got a purple Toys R Us card in the mail from an eBay purchase today and I have to say it is absolutely gorgeous. It is too bad they probably won't be around anymore.
There is a God and his name is Billy Joel

(03-12-2018, 12:15 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: And, to be honest, they just put the 3 purple cards in the back of the blister pack, so they're not in that great of condition.
This is one of my biggest pet peeves with these cards. Corners are mangled 99% of the time! I even wrote Topps customer service about it, but never heard back. Weird!
All-time favorite insert card designs:

1. 1991 Donruss Elite
  2. 1995 Studio Platinum
  3. 1994 Flair Hot Glove
  4. 1993 Ultra Award Winners
  5. 2001 Bowman Heritage Chrome
  6. 1994 Fleer All-Stars

The sports cards at TRU are by a third party vendor. As soon as talk of liquidation started they sent the third party reps into box them up and send them back. So don't count on seeing any on sale. Probably the only place you'll see the purples now is when they randomly show up in repack boxes like all the rest of the old Topps packs.
Mike Piazza supercollector: 4,267 different Beckett items
Also collecting John Franco, Eric Karros, Al Leiter, Brandon Nimmo, Todd Pratt, Robin Ventura, Turk Wendell, and Todd Zeile

(03-14-2018, 02:12 PM)hempick Wrote: I just got a purple Toys R Us card in the mail from an eBay purchase today and I have to say it is absolutely gorgeous. It is too bad they probably won't be around anymore.
I like them too. Here's some that I pulled over the past few years.

These cards are all PC but I have 150 - 200 others that I would part with if anyone has a favorite team, PM me and I will send a list of what I have. I only have my dupes listed for trade right now.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

It's weird...my favorite color is purple (Vikes fan) but I just don't like these cards. Not sure what it is, because I do love my full set of 2013 Bowman Platinum Prospect Purple Refractors.