`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BGS Submission Questions

BGS Submission Questions
Good Afternoon! I have been pondering sending in maybe 3-4 cards to be graded to BGS so I have a few questions for those who have done it before.

1. If I did non-guaranteed what is the normal timetable for that? weeks, months??

2. I have a card (it's a Bowman Chrome /50 auto) that is graded a PSA 10 right now but I want to turn it in to Beckett. Do I have to take it out of its case first or can I send it in with the PSA case still on?

Thanks in advance and have an awesome weekend!
Here is my Photobucket library:
http://s296.photobucket.com/user/captaina789/library/?sort=3&page=1
Collecting most Top 100 Prospects and AMAZING patch cards

RE: BGS Submission Questions
1. At this point I would hope for 6 months but realistically expect 1 yr. plus. Still waiting on movement from a early October sub.

2. Not sure why you would want to change over a PSA 10 to beckett when it will likely grade lower. Plus PSA seems to be the preferred ebay buyer way to go.

(03-11-2018, 04:57 PM)chevy man 22 Wrote: 2. Not sure why you would want to change over a PSA 10 to beckett when it will likely grade lower.
Would this not indicate that Beckett has higher standards?
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

(03-11-2018, 04:57 PM)chevy man 22 Wrote: 1. At this point I would hope for 6 months but realistically expect 1 yr. plus. Still waiting on movement from a early October sub.

2. Not sure why you would want to change over a PSA 10 to beckett when it will likely grade lower. Plus PSA seems to be the preferred ebay buyer way to go.
Oooohh, okay thanks for that info. I'll probably end up doing 10-day then...

From what I have found when it comes to recent Chrome autos (ie Judge, Seager, Harper, Correa, etc.) BGS is much more preferred on the eBay market.
PSA is popular for Vintage and the two are about tied when it comes to base RC's (ie Trout, Kershaw, Altuve, etc.)
Here is my Photobucket library:
http://s296.photobucket.com/user/captaina789/library/?sort=3&page=1
Collecting most Top 100 Prospects and AMAZING patch cards

The 6-12 month waiting time is why I went with PSA recently. I bought the PSA platinum membership which includes 20 10-day grading submissions. Well worth it.
Thanks,
- Steve