`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Panini Encased - What happened?? Why bother??

Panini Encased - What happened?? Why bother??
I just watched 2 online case breaks of Panini Encased. Did Panini try too hard? Did they rush this too much??

The first case break I watched, out of an 8 box case, 4 boxes had redemptions in them!!

Now, lets talk about the "ENCASED" cards, which were produced by Panini and sent directly to BGS for grading and slabbing. Again, out of an 8 box case, 4 boxes had cards that only graded as "9", with no sub grades.

Directly from the presses, and they can't get better than "9"??? Every day, cards go across the printing line, get randomly collated, then packed, boxed, shipped, opened and THEN sent to BGS for grading and get better than "9".

At least in the second case, all the slabbed cards were "9.5", but still, out of an 8 box case there were STILL 3 redemptions!!

This product ranges around the $200 /box mark!

Just needing to rant, but really, just seems like a pretty incomplete job on the part of Panini....
''I've never been in style, so I can never go out of style." - Lillian Gish ( 1
893 - 1993)

RE: Panini Encased - What happened?? Why bother??
I'd be pretty annoyed if I dropped $200 and got a redemption and a BGS 9. Then again they aren't promising you'll get a 9.5, only that you'll get a graded card. I remember 18 years ago when Collector's Edge had a deal with PSA you'd wind up with PSA 8s, 9s, or 10s.

I just watched another 8 box case break. This one had zero redemptions thankfully, but the Encased cards broke down to :

2 - 9.5
5 - 9
1 - 8.5

Just saying, I don't know how cards come straight from the factory and get low grades.. There are no sub-grades on the slabs to know where and how they got "dinged"...

893 - 1993)

(03-05-2018, 11:29 AM)jaykayzee Wrote: I just watched another 8 box case break. This one had zero redemptions thankfully, but the Encased cards broke down to :

2 - 9.5
5 - 9
1 - 8.5

Just saying, I don't know how cards come straight from the factory and get low grades.. There are no sub-grades on the slabs to know where and how they got "dinged"...
I thought the whole point of Panini Encased was to do buyback autos...am I missing something?

(03-05-2018, 11:29 AM)jaykayzee Wrote: I just watched another 8 box case break. This one had zero redemptions thankfully, but the Encased cards broke down to :

2 - 9.5
5 - 9
1 - 8.5

insane!

You'd think in a controlled environment you could do better than 8.5s and 9s.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

(03-05-2018, 01:32 PM)kerryandbeth Wrote: I thought the whole point of Panini Encased was to do buyback autos...am I missing something?
No, these are not buyback autos. The slabbed cards are new cards made for this release, but then sent to BGS for grading and "Encasing".

893 - 1993)