`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1993-94 Finest old school break

1993-94 Finest old school break
Wanted to finish my base set so bought a Jumbo box of 93 finest. Didn't quite get a full set, in fact I'm a bit mad this box didn't include an MJ nor Larry Bird card. Just need a handful more base. DIdn't pick up any refractors worth noting. I did notice a few things about this box:

Odds of pulling a refractor for a jumbo box are stated as 4:1 packs. This was true, as every 4th pack had one. Also noticed that it was always the 2nd card in the pack. With 24 packs in this box, that gives only 6 refractors.

Every 3rd card in every pack was of the "main attractions" subset.

Almost every pack had the first and last card sort of sticking out a bit from the stack, making them easy to ding or bend. See my pictures.

The top card of the pack had a tendency to get the packaging wrapper to stick to the front of the card, sort of smearing or leaving a mark. This is probably typical of wax packs this old.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

RE: 1993-94 Finest old school break
That's awesome to open a box like that. Just curious as to how much the box cost. Not sure I could open it, as I have a tendency to keep older wax like that sealed simply because it is much rarer to see an unopened box than it is to see any of the singles.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

Wow thanks for the trip down memory lane
[Image: marksig1.jpg]
STAN MIKITA CUP FOUNDATIONS
MATT SMABY CUP PRINTING PLATES

BUCKET LINK

(02-18-2018, 12:30 AM)djohn Wrote: That's awesome to open a box like that. Just curious as to how much the box cost. Not sure I could open it, as I have a tendency to keep older wax like that sealed simply because it is much rarer to see an unopened box than it is to see any of the singles.
The jumbo box trends around $250, but it seems a lot rarer than the regular hobby box so I snatched it up at a few bucks more than that. jumbo box has better odds for refractors.

I was at a show this weekend and a dealer had a bunch of 90s wax including a box of 93-94 Finest. It wasn't a jumbo box though, and they were asking $200 for it. I thought about this break when I saw the box.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/