`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question about requesting a substitute for redemptions (Topps)

RE: Question about requesting a substitute for redemptions (Topps)
Just like everyone else, I am waiting on an Aaron Judge Chrome Update auto. I did read somewhere that Topps wound have him sign at spring training. I hope that's true. Pulling a redemption is the only way I would own one of his autos.
Barry Larkin - 1781 different
Joey Votto jersey numbered cards - 283

I would have assumed they'd sign before Spring Training. They've got plenty of time off, but I guess there's too much other stuff to do. Seems crazy to do it during the season, though.
There is a God and his name is Billy Joel

The redemption program is a scam and a bait and switch..I have posted multiple times concerning the bad substitutions and long waits. Panini is no better..
I am waiting for
Holiday Mega Box Baseball Base Autograph Parallel Andrew Benintendi
Topps Chrome Bowman Then and Now Autograph Kris Bryant
Topps Series 1 Strata Signature Autograph Relic of Jose Canseco

Here is what I am waiting for from Panini
Redemption Jeff (01/29/18 12:28 PM) Pending Initial Request Active
Redemption Jeff (08/15/17 10:33 AM) Pending Initial Request Active
Redemption Jeff (11/25/14 01:03 PM) Panini America (08/06/15 04:49 PM) 1 Response Active
Redemption Jeff (11/25/14 12:55 PM) Pending Initial Request Active
Redemption Jeff (11/25/14 12:45 PM) Pending Initial Request Active
Redemption Jeff (09/20/14 06:21 PM) Pending Initial Request Active

Yes some are going on 4 years!!! Contacting them is like trying to contact aliens from another galaxy..talk about a rip off!!!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Aaron-Judge-Min...SwwYpasYDa

I'm waiting for that EXACT card!

The status on mine hasn't changed, but somehow this person got one. :'(

My son got his 2017 Topps Finest Aaron Judge auto finally about 3 weeks ago. Topps must have cornered him at Spring Training. LOL

(02-09-2018, 12:39 PM)hempick Wrote: Aaron Judge A&G auto
Cody Bellinger Walmart Holiday auto
Andrew Benintendi Gallery auto
Funny!!!
I'm waiting on the exact same trio (although from different products) ... Judge from Gallery, Benintendi and Bellinger from the Holiday Megaboxes.

Maybe they all decided to give their hands a rest in the off season? Who knows. I'm very hopeful about getting these cards eventually. I'm not looking to flip them, so I can wait.

As far as redemptions ... I've had decent luck. I had to wait 2 years to get a Ty Cobb relic card (from flagship series 1 in 2012 ... received 2014) and both Panini and Topps allowed me to combine several misc non-signer redemptions for one card. I got a Bryant auto from Panini for 4 or 5 old unfulfilled redemptions of prospects that never made it to the bigs, and Topps let me get a Mattingly auto for 3 (a CarGo and a Cano and ??) unsigned redemptions. Speak nicely to the folks at the card companies and they usually are understanding in return. At least in my experience so far.
Good luck.
I hope our cards are signed soon!
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Another Allen and Ginter auto showed up last night and sold for $250 within a couple of hours. (BIN was $449.)

I don't want to sell mine, though. I just want it. GAH

Got through..all solved

Someone just listed another A&G Mini Framed Judge auto on eBay.

This is becoming my personal topic of misery. The status on mine hasn't changed on Topps' website.

(03-23-2018, 03:37 PM)hempick Wrote: Someone just listed another A&G Mini Framed Judge auto on eBay.

This is becoming my personal topic of misery. The status on mine hasn't changed on Topps' website.
Well, the good news is, you know he has signed them. It's probably just a matter of first come, first served, and you're probably coming up soon in the hopper.