`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1996 Namath Reprints

1996 Namath Reprints
I'm trying to figure out what I have but Beckett Football Card Price Guide Vol. 15 isn't helping me. The cards are a 1996 10-card reprint set of Namath's 1965-1972 Topps cards. On the back it states "Topps" and "Joe Namath Reprint Set x of 10".

Here's where I get confused, on the back printed diagonally across the card is "Members Only" many times. According to Beckett the 1996 Stadium Club Members Only Parallel cards had a "Members Only" stamp on the front of the card, mine don't, and Beckett makes no mention of the diagonal printing on the back of the card.

I though they might be the 1996 Topps Namath Reprint set but Beckett states that those cards had a "Topps 40th anniversary" logo on the front, mine don't, and Beckett makes no mention of the "Members Only" diagonal printing on the back of the card.

I'm not sure if the cards are refractors but they definitely have a chrome type finish. On the back there's patent info that states "Chromium" and "Holochrome".

Any help will be appreciated as I want to sell these but don't know what to call them, or what they're worth.
Thanks, Gary

RE: 1996 Namath Reprints
(02-08-2018, 03:53 PM)gfirda Wrote: I'm trying to figure out what I have but Beckett Football Card Price Guide Vol. 15 isn't helping me. The cards are a 1996 10-card reprint set of Namath's 1965-1972 Topps cards. On the back it states "Topps" and "Joe Namath Reprint Set x of 10".

Here's where I get confused, on the back printed diagonally across the card is "Members Only" many times. According to Beckett the 1996 Stadium Club Members Only Parallel cards had a "Members Only" stamp on the front of the card, mine don't, and Beckett makes no mention of the diagonal printing on the back of the card.

I though they might be the 1996 Topps Namath Reprint set but Beckett states that those cards had a "Topps 40th anniversary" logo on the front, mine don't, and Beckett makes no mention of the "Members Only" diagonal printing on the back of the card.

I'm not sure if the cards are refractors but they definitely have a chrome type finish. On the back there's patent info that states "Chromium" and "Holochrome".

Any help will be appreciated as I want to sell these but don't know what to call them, or what they're worth.
Thanks, Gary
Gary,

The cards you described are from the 1996 Stadium Club Members Only Joe Namath Parallel Set. They did not make a refractor parallel of the 1996 Stadium Club Members Only Joe Namath set, only the Chrome finish. The 1996 Members Only set "did not" have a stamp on the front of the cards as in other years. But, instead has the diagonal "Members Only" writing across the back. Beckett has these cards listed as $1.00 on the high side for all (each) cards, except the 1965 (1st card) which is listed as $1.25
I hope this helps
Paul
I collect NY Jets cards

RE: 1996 Namath Reprints
(02-08-2018, 07:24 PM)giannaspapa Wrote: Gary,

The cards you described are from the 1996 Stadium Club Members Only Joe Namath Parallel Set. They did not make a refractor parallel of the 1996 Stadium Club Members Only Joe Namath set, only the Chrome finish. The 1996 Members Only set "did not" have a stamp on the front of the cards as in other years. But, instead has the diagonal "Members Only" writing across the back. Beckett has these cards listed as $1.00 on the high side for all (each) cards, except the 1965 (1st card) which is listed as $1.25
I hope this helps
Paul
Thanks Paul! Evidently the Beckett FCPG Vol 15 is in error, that's an old volume (through 1997) and perhaps they've fixed it. It states that the 1997 Stadium Club Members Only Parallel had the ghosted "Members Only" on the back and the 1996 had the "Members Only" stamp on the front as the previous 3 years. Obviously the 1996 was the same as the 1997, not like the 1993-1995.