`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2018 Topps Series 1 ... here's the 411 ... so far.

2018 Topps Series 1 ... here's the 411 ... so far.
How've you been doing with 2018????
... I'm about 1 blaster, 4 boxed hangers and 5 fat pack hangers into it with nothing exciting to report. The Blasters have a manufactured relic card that kinda stinks. (When I started collecting, these cards were so much cooler than they are now.) These cheapo plastic relics are terrible. 2017 had the plastic Jackie Robinson thing, now its the MLB players weekend logo in plastic. Yuck . I won't be buying blasters any more.
BTW: the Target blaster has a coupon booklet inserted for the series 1 and other product coupons.
The card designs aren't bad in person, but not very different ...I guess I can look forward to getting Heritage this year with the 1969 design revisited. At least that will satisfy my more vintage tastes Smile
Still haven't found my Judge Rookie Cup card yet, but i found plenty others. The RC cards this year are plentiful. Ive got Clint Frazier and Miguel Andujar cards to chase, so far.
There's also a Jeter insert set to complete, so 2018 series 1 will keep me busy for now.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

RE: 2018 Topps Series 1 ... here's the 411 ... so far.
I got a blaster tonight, other than 5 Jeter cards, 2 judge inserts, 3 Bellinger, and the plastic thing (Devers) not much to write home about here either. Also got 2 83 inserts. A lot of inserts but no pc help! Overall it's nice product I suppose
[Image: drdwe0.jpg]

busted 2 hobby boxes for the itch and that will be it for me. Flagship just does nothing for me anymore. I will buy the factory set to get my rookie sets for the cost of 2 blasters.

Have 2 blaster cases and 3 hobby boxes of Heritage on the way. Should be a much better product.

Got one hobby box on the way. Excited for 2018
1,254 unique Chipper Jones
317 unique Javy Lopez

Hey DrM,
I have pretty much resigned myself to not buy blasters anymore except for retail exclusive products because as you said the manufactured relics are junk. The ones in jumbos are still nice looking. Found a SSP Ichiro , Independence Day Scooter and #/67 when going through my cards, so SI was a success for me. There are a ton of RC's, so hopefully some pan out (maybe Rhys Hoskins?????) and be the "Judge" of 2018. Good luck in your quest, I'm done with buying S1 though I may get complete insert sets off the bay.....save some money and time and not have a million base cards to get rid of. May delve into Heritage this year, not sure. Is the Angles pitcher from Japan going to be in that product?
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

(02-03-2018, 06:27 PM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: Hey DrM,
I have pretty much resigned myself to not buy blasters anymore except for retail exclusive products because as you said the manufactured relics are junk. The ones in jumbos are still nice looking. Found a SSP Ichiro , Independence Day Scooter and #/67 when going through my cards, so SI was a success for me. There are a ton of RC's, so hopefully some pan out (maybe Rhys Hoskins?????) and be the "Judge" of 2018. Good luck in your quest, I'm done with buying S1 though I may get complete insert sets off the bay.....save some money and time and not have a million base cards to get rid of. May delve into Heritage this year, not sure. Is the Angles pitcher from Japan going to be in that product?
Very Smart! As I sit amongst piles and piles of base cards, your plan seems very smart indeed. Smile
I'm sure to pick up a few more Hanger boxes od S1 and Opening Day ... but I need to cut waaaaay down too.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

The jumbo packs have been pretty good to me. Got an Alex Wood relic auto to 50 and two other relics out of six packs.

(02-03-2018, 06:27 PM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: Hey DrM,
I've only been buying blasters in the clearance or value section at Target and Fred Meyer, and even at $12.99 or $14.99 you're barely getting value at that price.

Sticking to 2018 Topps Now for my Colorado Rockies and Cooperstown collection. Will buy retail only inserts if their visible on special hangers or rack packs but that's about it as far as 2018 goes!
All-time favorite insert card designs:

1. 1991 Donruss Elite
  2. 1995 Studio Platinum
  3. 1994 Flair Hot Glove
  4. 1993 Ultra Award Winners
  5. 2001 Bowman Heritage Chrome
  6. 1994 Fleer All-Stars

(02-03-2018, 06:27 PM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: Is the Angles pitcher from Japan going to be in that product?
I'm not sure about that but I did see this: Bowman Ohtani Autos...

Desert racing baseball card collector? Yeah, that's not weird...

You guys are ahead of me I haven't gotten my 2018 hobby box or a single card yet. I hope my LCS has it when I go on days off. I will report my pulls on this thread as well
[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]