`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Printing plates values?

Printing plates values?
So, printing plates don't really have a value, and they are 1/1. So, how do you determine the trade value for them in a part of a trade?

For example, let's say I have a trade going where I am sending 25 cards for $75, and I added 35 cards worth... $50, plus the no value for the Printing Plate.

Basically, how do you go about determining how much a printing plate is worth when you are trading for them / trading them away?
I will give 4 cents Beckett credit per point for Panini Points, 110% Beckett for ANY Ravens redemptions, 125% Beckett for any in demand player, and 100% Beckett for all other redemptions.
I PC all Ravens cards.
Check out my ebay for the real good stuff, if I ever get any: https://www.ebay.com/usr/dcm7734

RE: Printing plates values?
Depending on the player, I'm usually comfortable in the $15-30 range. For HoFer type guys, more than that. Difficult to say but you might check sold listing on ebay for <> printing plate and see what some sell for. Sell value isn't always equal to trade value, but as long as you and your trading partner can agree on a value you'll be good to go.

It really comes down to what you and your trading partner agree a good trading value to be. Keep in mind not all printing plates are created equally. A rookie plate will be worth more than a 3rd year plate of the same player. A plate from a higher end product might have more value, although not always (as sometimes the higher end products flood similar looking plates and they end up not being that valuable). Also, some older plates (mid to late 90s) may carry a much higher premium due to them being from a time when getting a printing plate was much much harder than it is now, but you do have to keep in mind that some of those older plates have also been forged.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

Also depends on auto and or patch. A plate of an average player, without an an auto or patch usually seems to go around $12-15 in my experience. Low end stars $20-30. Higher for guys like Brady and Rodgers. when you factor in autos or patches, prices go up. But in a trade, its really whatever you guys settle on as a fair price. Trading value is usually a little more than sell value. I just bought a Vontaze Burfict NT plate with a sweet patch for $39.

I personally don't like printing plates as they look unfinished. I got my very first one in December when I opened 2017 Bowman Draft. Maybe the young prospect will actually do something to make it be considered a hit rather than a disappointment.