`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
2017 Absolute blaster
01-12-2018, 10:58 PM (This post was last modified: 01-12-2018 11:20 PM by spazmatastic.)
2017 Absolute blaster
I was at Target today and they had a few Absolute blasters. This one was good, but with no keepers, I wish I'd grabbed a different box. Also, they have a ton of blasters marked down to $14.99. No racing at my store so I picked up a box of 2016 Absolute Football and did quite good with that one. Anyway, here are my 5 cards (all FT).

2 base cards, Icons Blue SN199, base Spectrum Silver parallel SN299 and a nice Tools of the Trade card (that's part of the Monster Energy logo).

[Image: 24790573457_e37464cc1b_c.jpg]

Always looking for: Ozzie Smith/Stan Musial/Lou Brock/STL Cardinals, NFL-CAR/GB/NE and NASCAR-Jimmie Johnson/Mark Martin
[Image: sohzfL.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-13-2018, 07:13 PM
RE: 2017 Absolute blaster
Not too bad at all...

I'd love to see 'Dinger get a win in an oval this year...it is time for him get some top tens or let somebody else in that ride. He's great on TV, and I like the guy, but win a flipping race already...LOL

Looking for:
2012 Total Memorabilia Tony Stewart
Dual /5
Hot Rod Relics 1/1
Jumbo 1/1
Quad 1/1
Triple 1/1

05 Studio Portraits Bob Feller

I collect these guys:
[Image: sig2_orig.png]
http://www.dunnere.weebly.com
01-31-2018, 03:25 AM (This post was last modified: 01-31-2018 03:29 AM by spazmatastic.)
(01-13-2018 07:13 PM)dunnere Wrote:  Not too bad at all...

I'd love to see 'Dinger get a win in an oval this year...it is time for him get some top tens or let somebody else in that ride. He's great on TV, and I like the guy, but win a flipping race already...LOL

The box looked much better before I saw what Beckett claims to be values for the cards. Basically, they say I paid $20 + tax for $14.50 worth of cards AND both of the base cards are duplicates in my collection. I still don't see how I supposedly pulled $80 worth of 2016 Absolute football cards from a blaster with 64 cards, but only $14.50 from a 2017 Absolute Racing blaster with only 5 cards! How is every base card from the football set worth at least as much as the base cards from the racing set. That's ridiculous.

Always looking for: Ozzie Smith/Stan Musial/Lou Brock/STL Cardinals, NFL-CAR/GB/NE and NASCAR-Jimmie Johnson/Mark Martin
02-01-2018, 06:47 PM
Very disappointing to hear that, Adam. Five cards per blaster really makes it an almost premium product, but I always remember being disappointed with Absolute retail...are the retail base cards exactly the same as the hobby version? They never were before.

Still, I'm with you, pricing and BV are ridiculous. Sorry, bro.

Looking for:
2012 Total Memorabilia Tony Stewart
Dual /5
Hot Rod Relics 1/1
Jumbo 1/1
Quad 1/1
Triple 1/1

05 Studio Portraits Bob Feller

I collect these guys:
[Image: sig2_orig.png]
http://www.dunnere.weebly.com
02-01-2018, 10:30 PM (This post was last modified: 02-01-2018 10:34 PM by spazmatastic.)
(02-01-2018 06:47 PM)dunnere Wrote:  Very disappointing to hear that, Adam. Five cards per blaster really makes it an almost premium product, but I always remember being disappointed with Absolute retail...are the retail base cards exactly the same as the hobby version? They never were before.

Still, I'm with you, pricing and BV are ridiculous. Sorry, bro.

For the last couple of years of Absolute, retail and hobby base have no difference. I know the hobby base cards used to be holofoil fronts, but they don't do that anymore. That's where the Spectrum parallels come in now. The Spectrum Silver parallel is now what used to be the hobby base version. In football, the retail-only blue foil parallel is what you'll find. No holofoil coating or serial number, just blue foil name and logo instead of silver foil.

05-04-2018, 04:36 AM
Not bad for a blaster

[Image: marksig1.jpg]
STAN MIKITA CUP FOUNDATIONS
MATT SMABY CUP PRINTING PLATES

BUCKET LINK
05-04-2018, 09:16 PM
I forgot about this one. That means my last 2 blasters of Racing cards produced part of the MENCS logo on the RU card! Now, if I could just get top-tier drivers instead of middle of the pack drivers.