Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Early 1990's getting some action?

Early 1990's getting some action?
Hey all,

This is the time of year that I start collecting hockey for a short time until Spring Training starts.

I was looking through my organize, and was shocked to see lots of red and green arrows on cards from 1990-1992 Score and Upper Deck products mainly. In fact every card from 1990-91 Score Rookie/Traded has a green or red arrow.

Seems kind of odd for this much market volatility on early 1990's cards.

What gives?
All-time favorite insert card designs:

1. 1991 Donruss Elite
  2. 1995 Studio Platinum
  3. 1994 Flair Hot Glove
  4. 1993 Ultra Award Winners
  5. 2001 Bowman Heritage Chrome
  6. 1994 Fleer All-Stars

RE: Early 1990's getting some action?
(01-11-2018, 01:35 AM)jack pfiester Wrote: Hey all,

This is the time of year that I start collecting hockey for a short time until Spring Training starts.

I was looking through my organize, and was shocked to see lots of red and green arrows on cards from 1990-1992 Score and Upper Deck products mainly. In fact every card from 1990-91 Score Rookie/Traded has a green or red arrow.

Seems kind of odd for this much market volatility on early 1990's cards.

What gives?
Maybe because a number of them are now HOF or something? Could be generating some interest.
[Image: 36415429146_421111660f_b.jpg]Scott Nobles, on Flickr

That is really weird. Good eye, though, Jack!
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

Good eye, indeed!

People are getting sick of the newer cards, the flooding of GU and autographs. I think a lot of the older collectors are going back to vintage OPC, Topps, Parkhurst as well as collecting all those cool inserts from the early 90's. These inserts were so tough and expensive in the 90's plus without the internet you could only get local cards or some mail orders through Beckett ads. Now these can be easily found on eBay and trade sites and cost pennies on the dollar compared to the 90's.
Collecting Vintage OPC and older oddball and food issues as well as Maple Leafs.

Enjoy the hobby at it's purest form, treat it as you did as a kid.

(01-24-2018, 07:33 AM)newfiecomicguy1 Wrote: People are getting sick of the newer cards, the flooding of GU and autographs. I think a lot of the older collectors are going back to vintage OPC, Topps, Parkhurst as well as collecting all those cool inserts from the early 90's. These inserts were so tough and expensive in the 90's plus without the internet you could only get local cards or some mail orders through Beckett ads. Now these can be easily found on eBay and trade sites and cost pennies on the dollar compared to the 90's.
Agreed 100%. Lots of cool inserts that were impossible then.
RootnTootn

(01-24-2018, 07:33 AM)newfiecomicguy1 Wrote: People are getting sick of the newer cards, the flooding of GU and autographs. I think a lot of the older collectors are going back to vintage OPC, Topps, Parkhurst as well as collecting all those cool inserts from the early 90's. These inserts were so tough and expensive in the 90's plus without the internet you could only get local cards or some mail orders through Beckett ads. Now these can be easily found on eBay and trade sites and cost pennies on the dollar compared to the 90's.
right there, that line, all truth

(01-24-2018, 09:26 PM)hitanktank Wrote: right there, that line, all truth[/u]
I totally agree with this statement! I've been buying 80's and 90's wax boxes and sets because they are so much easier to sort through cards and add to My Organize.

Also, the prices of these boxes/sets are a fraction of what they were upon release. I don't plan on buying any 2018 products except for Topps Now baseball for my Rockies collection!

#vintage
All-time favorite insert card designs:

1. 1991 Donruss Elite
  2. 1995 Studio Platinum
  3. 1994 Flair Hot Glove
  4. 1993 Ultra Award Winners
  5. 2001 Bowman Heritage Chrome
  6. 1994 Fleer All-Stars