`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What to do with DAVID WRIGHT true 1/1 auto?

What to do with DAVID WRIGHT true 1/1 auto?
So I have fallen on decently hard times and as much as I hate to do so, I think it is time to finally let go of a few PC Cards I have held on to for hrs. This David Wright true 1/1 auto is one of them. My question is where the best place to try and sell this would be? I have been out of the hobby for a couple of hrs so am basically clueless. I know there are some auction sites, Beckett included, that sell high end and rare cards, but do not think this would necessarily be included? Or would it?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Lookin for: *R. COBB* *Odell Beckham Jr.* *UK Cats (FOOTBALL)* *NY Giants* * ANTHONY "SHOWTIME" PETTIS*
SICK OF PPL WHO ASK FOR A CARD BUT HAVE NOTHIN TO TRADE FOR IT?

100s AU/GU ALL SORTED BY NAME.

RE: What to do with DAVID WRIGHT true 1/1 auto?
eBay is probably your best bet to find the most potential buyers. You can figure on a good estimate of losing about 15% of the sale price for eBay and Paypal fees. There may be a David Wright fan here that is interested and you would not lose any eBay or Paypal fees. A quick search of "sold" eBay auctions for David Wright 1/1 autographed cards returns a wide range of sale prices:

2016 Topps Five Star David Wright Mets MLB Logoman Patch AUTO 1/1 - $280.36
2016 16 DAVID WRIGHT DIAMOND KINGS DUAL PATCH SIGNATURE AUTO #ED 1/1 - $62
2009 Topps David Wright Jersey Auto 5/89 Jersey # 1/1 New York Mets - $17.49
Thanks,
- Steve

Yea besides the fees on eBay, I was hospitalized last yr for 3 months so missed 2 shipments I had to fully refund, now eBay make me wait like 2 was after I sell anything to get my funds released so would like to find a better way
BTW, why in the h3ll does it make me take out all my apostrophes and quotations before I can post my message without an invalid characters error? I had to go back on original post and change every conjunction back to separate words like I was trying to hit a word count on a thesis
Lookin for: *R. COBB* *Odell Beckham Jr.* *UK Cats (FOOTBALL)* *NY Giants* * ANTHONY "SHOWTIME" PETTIS*
SICK OF PPL WHO ASK FOR A CARD BUT HAVE NOTHIN TO TRADE FOR IT?

100s AU/GU ALL SORTED BY NAME.

While the card technically a 1/1 and labeled as such, there are actually 39 others that are very similar. The confusion is that Topps made 40 cards each one representing a different double that David Wright hit the previous season, and each cards is labeled 1/1. So while it is a 1/1, anyone looking for that card is most likely going to be fine owning any one of the 40 (unless there is a collector that is insanely trying to get all 40). Thus the value is not going to be nearly as high as other David Wright 1/1 autos.
It is still a great and rare card, and I am sure any David Wright collector would love to add it to their collection. You could try sending it in to COMC, as they crosslist between their site, eBay and Amazon (getting a lot of eyes on the card), however they also take one of the highest total fees if you plan on cashing out and not buying more cards with the money. If you can't list on eBay yourself, I would consider using one of the larger eBay consigners for cards, their fees are not that bad when you consider how much more traffic they get to their listings and thus cards they sell typically sell for more.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

(01-07-2018, 02:28 AM)djohn Wrote: While the card technically a 1/1 and labeled as such, there are actually 39 others that are very similar.
Darn it, Topps!
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.