`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2018 Topps series 1 coming out in a month.

RE: 2018 Topps series 1 coming out in a month.
I too think Topps base should have borders. I haven't bought much base Topps over the past few years, as I tend to focus on Topps Update. However my LCS is going to have the bonus packs, so I might buy a few to get the bonus packs.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

(01-01-2018, 09:15 PM)hempick Wrote: As for the "crooked" logo for 2017, you do realize that it is in line with the angles of the partial border by the name, right? If it weren't, it would look off. It is the way it should be.
I know it is but that does not mean I will think it is good and like it all of a sudden.

(01-02-2018, 12:01 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: As far as my desire for cards with borders, at least I still have Heritage and Gypsy Queen to look forward to.
Have you seen this years GQ design?

I think it is ugly.

2018 Gypsy Queen

(01-02-2018, 09:26 PM)ckrakowski Wrote: I know it is but that does not mean I will think it is good and like it all of a sudden.

Have you seen this years GQ design?

I think it is ugly.

2018 Gypsy Queen
Hmmmm, yeah, 2018 GQ looks pretty hideous. Okay, so at least I have Heritage to look forward to getting this year. Thankfully, Topps can't screw up the 1969 design ... it's of one of my favorites!
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Like DJohn, I will be looking for the bonus packs. I'm thinking about getting a case of jumbo's which would get me I think like 12 packs. I'd have a lot of excess cards, but hopefully the silver packs can off-set a nice portion of the case costs as I'll flip them all (excluding any Phillies).

I'm not particularly upset with the no boarder as I love Stadium Club.

Long Live the Queen.....hideous or not!!! (Dr.M and Ckrakowski) She is always very giving!!!!!
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

(01-03-2018, 01:34 PM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: 1) Like DJohn, I will be looking for the bonus packs.
2) I'm not particularly upset with the no boarder as I love Stadium Club.
3) Long Live the Queen.....hideous or not!!! (Dr.M and Ckrakowski) She is always very giving!!!!!
1) Are the bonus packs exclusive to hobby stores? Or are they mail-in promos from topps?
2) But we already have Stadium Club. Do we need more of the same?
3) Even ugly hideous queens can be nice and generous, I guess. Smile
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

[quote='DrMitchJ' pid='2672668' dateline='1515007663']

1) Are the bonus packs exclusive to hobby stores? Or are they mail-in promos from topps?
2) But we already have Stadium Club. Do we need more of the same?
3) Even ugly hideous queens can be nice and generous, I guess. Smile

1. Yes, they are supposed to be.......HA
2. Was just saying they didn't bother me
3. My favorite set each year. Not the best looking cards, but I like the feel of the cardboard and the inserts are usually really cool.

*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

I pre-ordered a 2018 Topps series I jumbo case in August. So obviously I am looking forward to January 31st. I'm not sure if I am going to like the 2018 design until I can get the cards in my hand to look at. I will also receive 12 of the silver packs because I ordered a jumbo case. Will let everyone know how I make out on February 1st. Happy New New Year's.....