`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help with 2004 Topps vs Topps Collection

Help with 2004 Topps vs Topps Collection
After reading and researching the set differences, I am sure that the cards I have are from Topps Collections. However, my father (whom has been collecting for far longer than I have, and whom I call if I have any questions) is sure that I don't have the Collection, but just the normal Topps.
The cards have silver font, not gold. That's why I am sure that I have 2004 Topps Collection.

The only way that I can be sure, since I haven't come accross any with gold text, is to ask you fine ladies and gentlemen to post pictures, if you do not mind, of your 2004 Topps and 2004 Topps Collection, so that I may compare.

Thanks in advance. I'll give those whoever help me a bonus card if we ever happen to cross paths while trading.
I will give 4 cents Beckett credit per point for Panini Points, 110% Beckett for ANY Ravens redemptions, 125% Beckett for any in demand player, and 100% Beckett for all other redemptions.
I PC all Ravens cards.
Check out my ebay for the real good stuff, if I ever get any: https://www.ebay.com/usr/dcm7734

RE: Help with 2004 Topps vs Topps Collection
Sorry, I have no clue, good luck!

When Topps puts cards out there that look so much alike that there's even a question, it's a terrible problem.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

Wish I could help. I collected a LOT of cards in 2004, but mainly Topps Total, Score, and Bowman's Best. I'm not really familiar with the regular Topps issue from that year.
There is a God and his name is Billy Joel

I'm not sure if this is specifically helpful, but I am pretty sure the Topps Collection variant was simply for cards from the full factory set, not individual packs/boxes/cases. I was only able to find one card on eBay specifically labeled as a factory set card from 2004, but the font does appear to be silver:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2014-Topps-Fact...SwmoxZtU5d
[Image: sp9m5j.jpg]

(12-19-2017, 11:46 PM)DCM7734 Wrote: After reading and researching the set differences, I am sure that the cards I have are from Topps Collections. However, my father (whom has been collecting for far longer than I have, and whom I call if I have any questions) is sure that I don't have the Collection, but just the normal Topps.
The cards have silver font, not gold. That's why I am sure that I have 2004 Topps Collection.

The only way that I can be sure, since I haven't come accross any with gold text, is to ask you fine ladies and gentlemen to post pictures, if you do not mind, of your 2004 Topps and 2004 Topps Collection, so that I may compare.

Thanks in advance. I'll give those whoever help me a bonus card if we ever happen to cross paths while trading.
The 2004 Topps base set has SILVER foil. The 2004 Topps Collection set has GOLD foil, and was available as a factory set. I hope this helps.
I collect NY Jets cards

It does. Thank you
I will give 4 cents Beckett credit per point for Panini Points, 110% Beckett for ANY Ravens redemptions, 125% Beckett for any in demand player, and 100% Beckett for all other redemptions.
I PC all Ravens cards.
Check out my ebay for the real good stuff, if I ever get any: https://www.ebay.com/usr/dcm7734

I believe the basic version of 2004 Topps uses silver foil on the front, while the Collection version has gold foil.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/