`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who are the favorites for the SB?

Who are the favorites for the SB?
With Wentz going down, Rams defense getting mauled, Saints losing to Atl, and Vikes losing to the Panthers, things got crazy in the NFC! So who's everyone's pick?

And AFC, can anyone beat the dang patriots?

RE: Who are the favorites for the SB?
The Chargers are hot at the exact right time of the year but I don't think they can get a W in Foxboro. NFC I think the Eagles can keep rolling if Foles can channel his 2013 self and the play calling doesn't get ultra conservative (see: Chicago Bears). Rams still look legit, rare is the 16-0 team and any loss is going to look bad when expectations are sky high. They'll be in the mix.

No big deal that the Vikes lost to Carolina in Carolina late in the season...I fully expected that. We are still the team to beat in the NFC.

I'm still going to go with the Eagles out of the NFC

1) The Eagles only have to beat New York Giants and Oakland Raiders (or a likely already eliminated Dallas) team to get home field advantage - with New York and Oakland cratering that means that the Eagles are going to have home field advantage meaning Atlanta, Minnesota, Los Angeles, or New Orleans is going to have to come into the cold - of the likely playoff teams, only Carolina isn't a dome or warm/dry climate team.

2) The Eagles are built to win playoff football - only New Orleans has better running backs and the Eagles have a better defense - the Eagles are going to lean more on their running attack with Foles at quarterback and that is bad news for opposing defenses.

3) Foles is playing for his NFL future - a good performance in the playoffs makes him a very rich man.

4) The rest of the Eagles are going to rally around Nick Foles - and the Eagles still have some serious talent on offense especially at wide out, tight end, and running back.

If it is not the Eagles, it will be the Saints - if the starters on the Saints defense is healthy, they are going to be tough to beat with those running backs - they are weaker at wide out and tight end, but Brees always gives them a chance

From the AFC, I like Pittsburgh to finally get past New England this year.

Therefore I am predicting an all Pennsylvania Super Bowl.

Quite a few contenders this year. I like the Rams in the NFC and the Pats or Jaguars in the AFC.

It will be a repeat Falcons and Pats - Go with the vet battle tested QBs when it gets to crunch time.

Falcons had some tough luck close losses - BEST WR in the NFL - wit he and Ryan they are always in every game. Just hard to bet against the Pats. It's really pretty wide- open, should be fun.

Rodgers is back now too...could the packers come from nowhere with a nothing defense?! Doubtful, but something to dream of lol. Thanks for the responses, keep them coming! I could see a case made for each team right now.

(12-14-2017, 10:36 AM)savagenate Wrote: Rodgers is back now too...could the packers come from nowhere with a nothing defense?! Doubtful, but something to dream of lol. Thanks for the responses, keep them coming! I could see a case made for each team right now.
I'm a chedhead Pack fan - born and raised 1 hour from GB.

They could play some inspired football with AR back. Just too much against them; you hit it - their defense is weak (need to get rid of Capers for starters). Need more playmakers on that side of the ball. Like you said though, you could make a case for a lot of teams - The Packers running game benefited from AR's break - I like what they have there. Too bad they have such a tough 3 game stretch.

(12-15-2017, 01:44 PM)hemipowered Wrote: I'm a chedhead Pack fan - born and raised 1 hour from GB.

They could play some inspired football with AR back. Just too much against them; you hit it - their defense is weak (need to get rid of Capers for starters). Need more playmakers on that side of the ball. Like you said though, you could make a case for a lot of teams - The Packers running game benefited from AR's break - I like what they have there. Too bad they have such a tough 3 game stretch.
Hey, me too! Lived in GB for a couple years, and then just a couple hours away. Don't get me started on Capers lol. I've been calling for him to get fired for three years now! It better happen this offseason! I don't see the packers doing much even if they get to the playoffs because that defense is so weak, but it would be cool to make it!

I still like the Eagles in the NFC unless the Pack sneak in... is there any non-biased, legitimate consideration of an AFC team outside of the Pats or Steelers? Almost feels like the old 9ers/Boys rivalry in the 90s.
[Image: sp9m5j.jpg]