Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
2017 RFFG - Week 36 - Final Race
11-19-2017, 07:33 PM
RE: 2017 RFFG - Week 36 - Final Race
Well, nobody is all that surprised, right?

Pretty sweet to have all four championship drivers finish in the top ten, and to be First, Second, and Fourth...nice.

I wanted it to end a different way, but those Toyotas were way good...0.681 between first and second to finish it? Wow!

Looking for:
2012 Total Memorabilia Tony Stewart
Dual /5
Hot Rod Relics 1/1
Jumbo 1/1
Quad 1/1
Triple 1/1

05 Studio Portraits Bob Feller

I collect these guys:
[Image: sig2_orig.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-19-2017, 09:56 PM
Congrats to Lead and Truex!

I agree, I am not surprised. He was the class of the field all year. I do wonder if the 18 team wishes they had pitted with everyone else. It seems to me that the 18 was the fastest car at that point. (He was the leader.) If the other three pit why not pit with them? You are just trying to stay ahead of them. I think even if the caution came out (like it did) at least you would have been either 1st or 2nd. Instead the caution came out and they were farther back and had to battle back. To me, that was the difference in the championship. I also think Larson is a class act. He was the fastest car and would have won if he had not decided to back off and let them fight it out. I like him a lot.

Great season! I really want to thank Adam for putting this all together and keeping it organized. Really looking forward to next year!

Paul Goldschmidt: 620 Total Cards, 325 Different
Joe Montana: 317 Total Cards, 260 Different
Jerry Rice: 672 Total Cards, 609 Different
Steve Young: 933 Total Cards, 739 Different
11-19-2017, 11:18 PM
I am going to post the final standings in a new thread. Only 8th and 9th swapped places.

I really thought Kyle would catch Martin, but once he got to 0.3 seconds back he couldn't get any closer. That WAS a smart move by Larson to stay behind those guys. Sure, he could've won the race. But he also could've passed them both and then hit the wall and took them both out. And he DID hit the wall twice in the final laps! It was another mostly boring race until the final 60-70 laps. I really wanted Busch to win, but I'm happy for Truex. He earned it all season and throughout the final race.
I just barely got to finish the race! As soon as Truex got out of the car after the burnout, I jumped in the shower and left. At least it was a very short night of work.

Always looking for: Ozzie Smith/Stan Musial/Lou Brock/STL Cardinals, NFL-CAR/GB/NE and NASCAR-Jimmie Johnson/Mark Martin
[Image: sohzfL.jpg]