`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2015 Panini Contenders

2015 Panini Contenders
So, while on my various journeys to Target in search of the exclusive and elusive Topps Chrome Update Holiday Mega Boxes, I 'ran' into several discounted blasters of 2015 Contenders.
At $15 a box, for 2 autos, its pretty much a ' no-brainer' to me. Especially with all the rookie potential therein.
So, I've lost track, but easily picked up a baker's dozen of them over the past month. Nothing great to report, except some Judge, Benintendi and Swanson base cards. The autos for the most part weren't anything great. Typical $6-12 listings for most of the prospects.
But I did get pretty lucky in my last few boxes ... pulling a Raphael Devers Auto, a Drew Finley auto (a Yankee prospect) a Jorge Mateo auto (recently Traded Yankee prospect) And a Dansby Swanson Auto!
No Judge autos yet, but I'll keep trying.

Again, sorry, no pics Sad darn you, photobucket, you were so good (and free) for so long Sad
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

RE: 2015 Panini Contenders
Same thoughts here, a fun break for cheap with a lot of potential nice pulls.
Never pulled any good autos but pulled various Bregman, Benintendi, Judge, Swanson cards.
I do a lot of autographing and the base cards look great when signed.

Mike

I buy those whenever I see them. I actually just bought a bunch from DA Cardworld, as they have them on their pre-black Friday sale for under $10/box.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

(11-15-2017, 04:09 PM)djohn Wrote: I buy those whenever I see them. I actually just bought a bunch from DA Cardworld, as they have them on their pre-black Friday sale for under $10/box.
Wow, thats an amazing price!
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(11-15-2017, 08:45 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Wow, thats an amazing price!
I have a feeling that they will be $8-$10 on Black Friday on one or more of the major online sellers (Steel City, DAC, or Blowout). If they get down to $8 then I will be buying a lot more. These are such fun boxes to break, and the potential for hitting big name young star autographs is pretty high. It's one of the most undervalued boxes out to get autos of Aaron Judge.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.

(11-15-2017, 09:42 PM)djohn Wrote: I have a feeling that they will be $8-$10 on Black Friday on one or more of the major online sellers (Steel City, DAC, or Blowout). If they get down to $8 then I will be buying a lot more. These are such fun boxes to break, and the potential for hitting big name young star autographs is pretty high. It's one of the most undervalued boxes out to get autos of Aaron Judge.
Agreed. ... at 8 bucks, they're the best value in the world. $4 per auto, and a couple of chances at something great. Devers, Judge, Benintendi, Bregman, Swanson, etc, etc.

Yea, especially when you consider they are loaded not just with the current big names but also with a lot of young guys that could end up being stars in the future.

I just pulled my first Autograph Printing plate out of a blaster, Not the greatest player but still fun to pull. I buy them whenever I see them also.

(11-18-2017, 02:57 AM)chrisjoy Wrote: I just pulled my first Autograph Printing plate out of a blaster, Not the greatest player but still fun to pull. I buy them whenever I see them also.
Wow! I've yet to pull a printing plate. Congrats. Which player was it?

(11-18-2017, 07:16 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Wow! I've yet to pull a printing plate. Congrats. Which player was it?
It was an International player from the Dominican Republic named Jairo Labourt.