`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to tell if a card is an insert?

How to tell if a card is an insert?
So, a lot of cards that I have been sorting lately are not inserts when I think they are.

What constitutes an insert, and what are some tell-tell signs that a card in an insert?
I will give 4 cents Beckett credit per point for Panini Points, 110% Beckett for ANY Ravens redemptions, 125% Beckett for any in demand player, and 100% Beckett for all other redemptions.
I PC all Ravens cards.
Check out my ebay for the real good stuff, if I ever get any: https://www.ebay.com/usr/dcm7734

RE: How to tell if a card is an insert?
The majority of modern inserts have card numbers that include both letters and numbers. Also there are rarely more than 25 cards in an insert set. Whereas, parallels would have the same card number as the base set. Hope this helps.

RE: How to tell if a card is an insert?
Inserts are essentially anything other than base cards in a pack. However most people break inserts down into a few categories: basic inserts, parallels, relics/memorabilia, autographs, and autographed relic/memorabilia. The easiest way to tell if a card is an insert is that the card doesn't look exactly like the other cards in the pack. The exception being subset cards, which have the same set numbering as the base set, but might have a different theme or look to them. A parallel is typically the same picture and style, but maybe a different color foil, background color, or refractor/prizm finish. You can also have a parallel of an insert, which can make things a bit more confusing. A basic insert usually has it's own theme and look that varies from the base set and has it's own numbering. Relics/memorabilia and autographs are pretty self explanatory.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/