`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I think topps should get rid of opening day.
Rainbow 
I think topps should get rid of opening day.
Take next year for example. Series 1 will be released on 1/31/2018 which is to early in my opinion. In fact I just found out that opening day will be released on 3/14/2018. Still series 1 will be released about a month and a half before opening day. I figure that the people who have bought series 1 will not want to buy opening day so soon after and will just wait until series 2 comes out. Topps should move the most popular inserts into series 1 series 2 and should get rid of opening day and the least popular inserts.

RE: I think topps should get rid of opening day.
They should keep Opening Day because it is a cheaper alternative for those wanting to spend less.

(10-28-2017, 08:01 PM)kerryandbeth Wrote: They should keep Opening Day because it is a cheaper alternative for those wanting to spend less.

It actually costs about the same as series 1.

(10-28-2017, 08:17 PM)ckrakowski Wrote: It actually costs about the same as series 1.
Uhhh, no. Opening Day packs are $1 and regular Topps packs are $1.99.
There is a God and his name is Billy Joel

(10-28-2017, 08:01 PM)kerryandbeth Wrote: They should keep Opening Day because it is a cheaper alternative for those wanting to spend less.
+1
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

Disagree......Opening day is a nice little set to complete, especially for young collectors who don't have a lot of money as cost is about 1/2 price.. Set contains cards from Series II (Pictures) as well as Series I. I really like the inserts, sometimes more than flagship and the product has improved immensly the past couple of years. Product reaches the fan base it was meant too........people starting in the hobby or those who don't want to spend a lot completing a set.

I understand your point, especially if looking for big hits (there really aren't any), but I collect it every year with my girls....mascot cards are awesome! and we have alot of fun for a small amount of money.
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.