`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What should I do?

What should I do?
I have opened a couple blasters of 2017 Topps Update. There are cards in the set that have the rc logo on them bu are not listed as rc's by Beckett. I always save rc's from any product I open and rarely if ever trade any of them away. My question, should I save these cards marked as rookie cards or not? I know in the past some cards were listed as rookie debut but were still considered rc's. This year the cards marked rookie debut have the rc logo but are not listed as rc's.

RE: What should I do?
I thought the "RC" logo was supposed to be "God" these days. I'd wait to see if it adjusts or not.

RE: What should I do?
Topps Update really went crazy with the RC logos this year, basically anything with a rookie player on it got a RC logo. Beckett doesn't list cards based on the logo, but rather they have their own criteria regarding what they consider a RC. For example, Aaron Judge has a RC in Topps Series One, and thus Beckett doesn't identify his Topps Update cards as RCs even though they have the RC logo on them.
So if all you keep are RCs, then you need to decide whether you go with what the card company calls a RC or what Beckett calls a RC (which has changed at times).
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/