`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Don't you just love it....

Don't you just love it....
When you go through a big box of rc's just to see if you've missed anything or if any of them have gone up in value? I went through a big box of rc's and found one 2011 Bowman Chrome Draft Jose Altuve and four 2011 Bowman Draft Jose Altuve rc's. I guess it's time to put them in top loaders and move them to a different box.

RE: Don't you just love it....
Love it when that happens.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

I guess I need to set aside some time to go through that box and see what else I can find.

Always a good feeling.

Happened to me with Tom Brady after he won the first couple of Super Bowls. I can't stand him or the Patriots, but at least the cards are worth a decent amount.
There is a God and his name is Billy Joel

So much fun!

(10-15-2017, 03:40 PM)cspen Wrote: I guess I need to set aside some time to go through that box and see what else I can find.
2011 was a banner year for upcoming rookie stars. Besides Trout, there was Altuve, Rizzo, Goldschmidt, JD Martinez, Hosmer, Blackmon, Kipnis, Moustakas, Frazier, Freeman, etc
All of these guys are proving themselves as worthy baseball players. Some of their cards have skyrocketed (Altuve, Goldschmidt, Rizzo) while the others are climbing slowly but surely. I've been following Topps Update mostly, but I'm sure Bowman has been showing the same value rise.
Go dig through some old dusty boxes and find some gold!!
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(10-15-2017, 10:32 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: 2011 was a banner year for upcoming rookie stars. Besides Trout, there was Altuve, Rizzo, Goldschmidt, JD Martinez, Hosmer, Blackmon, Kipnis, Moustakas, Frazier, Freeman, etc
All of these guys are proving themselves as worthy baseball players. Some of their cards have skyrocketed (Altuve, Goldschmidt, Rizzo) while the others are climbing slowly but surely. I've been following Topps Update mostly, but I'm sure Bowman has been showing the same value rise.
Go dig through some old dusty boxes and find some gold!!
I bought a ton of 2011 Topps Update, particularly the retail boxes with 2 Bowman Chrome packs inside. I have 2 monster boxes full of the base cards. It seems like every year there is another break-out star with a rookie in there, and I end up going back through and searching for them. I remember the beginning of this year going through and pulling the Eric Thames RCs. I am so glad I was able to put together the Diamond Anniversary parallel set before the key RCs went up so much in value.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

As a set collector, I see this happen every year when a prospect or rookie has success and values rise. It only makes a difference to me when I have autos or dupes to trade away, like recently with Sanchez, Happ, and Judge.

This year I will be putting together a Bowman Draft set with paper and Chrome. The autos and extras will lay idle until they become major league players.

I didn't buy a lot of 2011 Topps update but I bought enough to pull those Altuve cards and one rc of some guy named Trout. So I guess my luck that year was pretty good