`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wanting to get back in to the hobby

Wanting to get back in to the hobby
I have been away from the hobby for about 5 years. I was going through some of my cards and got the itch again. Can anyone tell me what are some good boxes to open? I'm looking for best bang for your buck. Thanks guys!

RE: Wanting to get back in to the hobby
Are you wanting current boxes or boxes from the past few years to catch up? Here are my personal favorites breaks per year:
12-13: Panini Past & Present
13-14: Pinnacle
14-15: Prizm (particularly the hanger packs with red/white/blue parallels, and the blasters with the mojo blue prizm jersey cards), also Donruss for great value and fun breaks
15-16: 3-way tie between Revolution, Clear Vision, and Donruss
16-17: Donruss Optic
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

Right now I don't think it really makes a difference on the year because I'm just trying to find something that gives me the best bang for my buck.

When you say "bang for your buck" are you talking in terms of resale value or book value? If you're simply looking for book value and adding newer cards to your collection, then any of the ones I listed are great lower cost boxes to buy. If you're looking for resale, then you could still buy any of the boxes I listed, but I would recommend buying a case as you will have a much better shot at making money back with the case hits (particularly with Clear Vision and Revolution) and the cases aren't that expensive.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

If it isn't a hobby box, you may want to rethink buying it.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

Not a good time to get back in, imo. Panini has a monopoly. Wait until their exclusive license expires and then get back in.
There is a God and his name is Billy Joel

When does Paninis exclusive license expire? Any rumors on who might pick up the next exclusive license?