`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who is Nick Banks?

Who is Nick Banks?
I did a pyt online break of 2017 Bowman Chrome HTA for the Nationals (one of the few remaining teams). I got a Nick Banks Blue Mojo Autograph #'d/250.

Banks isn't listed in the top 20 prospects of the Nationals but I did find him in their A League as an outfielder.

I was wondering why Bowman picked this guy to put as the one and only autograph of the Nats. Is there something else to know about this prospect?

RE: Who is Nick Banks?
Nick Banks played the entire year at A ball in Hagerstown. He hit .252 and is an outfielder and DH.

7 HR and 58 RBI over 122 games

drafted 2016 4th round from Texas A&M

If this is the "HIT" for the team on these HTA (no base cards included) boxes..I think I will pass...

Thanks. The HTA boxes have 3 Autos and no other cards. The Hobby boxes are the normal array.

I don't know how Nick her found time during his 60 games played last season to even sign 250 items. Nothing against Nick, he could be a fine person. C'mon, Bowman! (I mean, Topps.)
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

(09-30-2017, 05:28 PM)jonathani Wrote: I don't know how Nick her found time during his 60 games played last season to even sign 250 items. Nothing against Nick, he could be a fine person. C'mon, Bowman! (I mean, Topps.)
LOL

I wouldn't say Topps is too far off on this one. Banks led the 2015 Collegiate Team USA in batting average and on base pct and was also a member of the 2014 team. He was originally projected as a mid 1st round pick in the draft, but had a cyst removed from his back and his production at Texas A&M in 2016 was not quite as stellar as his Freshman and sophomore seasons. He dropped to the 4th round in the draft, which still says a lot about potential. Who knows, he could bounce back and be a Diamond in the Rough.

(09-30-2017, 11:16 PM)ellis2211 Wrote: I wouldn't say Topps is too far off on this one. Banks led the 2015 Collegiate Team USA in batting average and on base pct and was also a member of the 2014 team. He was originally projected as a mid 1st round pick in the draft, but had a cyst removed from his back and his production at Texas A&M in 2016 was not quite as stellar as his Freshman and sophomore seasons. He dropped to the 4th round in the draft, which still says a lot about potential. Who knows, he could bounce back and be a Diamond in the Rough.
Hey, I appreciate the additional info. Sounds like you did your background search, or you went to Texas A&M. Either way, good to know as I always think these young prospect autos should be held onto as a "wait and see" approach.