`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What is this:

What is this:
What do I have here guys, if im correct there is a large BV on this card and im kind of in disbelief.... This card was in with my random Ewing cards.
 photo WIN_20170929_21_51_11_Pro_zpsywxmwedu.jpg

photo WIN_20170929_21_50_51_Pro_zpsdkj1mcdz.jpg

card number 166
Personal Collections are as follows :
1) Knicks (anyone who has worn the jersey at one time or another and made a significant impact on the team.)
2) Latrell sprewell
3) Amare Stoudemire
4) Carmelo Anthony
5) Steve Nash
6) Chauncey Billups

RE: What is this:
It is a reprint and not the original Star card. It was inserted in 1996-97 Finest with the same paper stock and protector on the front. While not an amazingly high price, it's still a nice card. Here is a link to the card in Beckett's database:
https://www.beckett.com/basketball/1996-...ng-3116459
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

Thanks, I knew it was too good to be true
1) Knicks (anyone who has worn the jersey at one time or another and made a significant impact on the team.)
2) Latrell sprewell
3) Amare Stoudemire
4) Carmelo Anthony
5) Steve Nash
6) Chauncey Billups

(09-29-2017, 10:58 PM)djohn Wrote: It is a reprint and not the original Star card. It was inserted in 1996-97 Finest with the same paper stock and protector on the front. While not an amazingly high price, it's still a nice card. Here is a link to the card in Beckett's database:
https://www.beckett.com/basketball/1996-...ng-3116459
What's the giveaway on this? I mean, how can you tell so easily? Is it the protector?
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

(09-30-2017, 05:30 PM)jonathani Wrote: What's the giveaway on this? I mean, how can you tell so easily? Is it the protector?
Two give aways - actually. Firstly, the original star Co. cards were printed on a standard, non-glossy stock - unlike this one, which is printed on a chromium stock (inserted in 1996-97 Series 1 topps, i do believe). Secondly, it clearly says reprinted by .... under the stats.

Collect Patrick Ewing, Jalen Rose, Kevin Garnett, LaMarcus Aldridge, Jeff Green

if you have less than 25 trades, I will ask you to send first.

(09-30-2017, 09:37 PM)taffster74 Wrote: Secondly, it clearly says reprinted by .... under the stats.
Wow! Thank you for kindly answering such a stupid question on my part. I completely missed that. I appreciate when someone doesn't jump down my throat the state the obvious. Thanks again!
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

Still a nice looking card. imo
Currently collecting Mike Trout, Bo Jackson and Al Kaline.

Sets for sale or trade:

1998 Leaf Rookies & Stars-- 99.7% complete.
1999 Finest-- Complete.
2000 Bowman Chrome-- Complete.
2001 Studio---97% complete.

yeah I like it, but like jon just completely missed the reprint at first
2) Latrell sprewell
3) Amare Stoudemire
4) Carmelo Anthony
5) Steve Nash
6) Chauncey Billups

That's a card i've had in my Ewing PC since it first came out. Good lord, that's almost 20 years now. Wow, i'm old! lol

Collect Patrick Ewing, Jalen Rose, Kevin Garnett, LaMarcus Aldridge, Jeff Green

if you have less than 25 trades, I will ask you to send first.