`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Big fish caught from 2017 triple threads.

RE: Big fish caught from 2017 triple threads.
jchavers78, I don't mean to hijack your thread, but the point of getting on the Forum is to talk about cards and collecting, so 1 more comment and I will back off...

I got a Judge relic/auto card out of Diamond Kings this year and traded it for a Killebrew/Puckett/Oliva/Carew relic card from Patheon. Both were listed at $120 at the time but the Judge blew up to $240 shortly after the trade. The only other "Wow" hit was back in the 90s when I pulled an insert of Frank Thomas from a pack of Score. Cost me $1.79 and a dealer traded me $60 of cards for it.

Oh man. That is sweet!

Really nice!

(09-22-2017, 03:15 PM)kerryandbeth Wrote: jchavers78, I don't mean to hijack your thread, but the point of getting on the Forum is to talk about cards and collecting, so 1 more comment and I will back off...

I got a Judge relic/auto card out of Diamond Kings this year and traded it for a Killebrew/Puckett/Oliva/Carew relic card from Patheon. Both were listed at $120 at the time but the Judge blew up to $240 shortly after the trade. The only other "Wow" hit was back in the 90s when I pulled an insert of Frank Thomas from a pack of Score. Cost me $1.79 and a dealer traded me $60 of cards for it.

I've pulled a couple of real monsters myself before this one including a Puckett bat knob. The thrill of big pulls has created the allure of the chase.

Wow.... Just Wow.....Congrats on the pull!!!

(09-22-2017, 02:41 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: My two biggest pulls ever were a Bryce Harper auto refractor/500 out of a blaster of 2011 Bowman Chrome (still have the box and everything), and a LeBron rookie auto/500 out of a pack of 2003-04 SP Authentic.

Both times I actually did get slightly dizzy!

Good news, I did not crap myself either time.

But for Trout, highly probable.
Just in case, in the future, wear Depends when ripping wax. Smile
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(09-25-2017, 05:05 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Just in case, in the future, wear Depends when ripping wax. Smile
Doc, we've been over this. I will never pull my own Trout auto.

Nasty!!!
[Image: marksig1.jpg]
STAN MIKITA CUP FOUNDATIONS
MATT SMABY CUP PRINTING PLATES

BUCKET LINK

Nice. Really hard to beat that hit.