`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hurricane Irma

RE: Hurricane Irma
(09-08-2017, 11:20 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Be careful, and if you're coastal move inland. They shifted the cone from my coast to yours, but the storm is so darned huge, the whole state of Florida will be pounded for 24 hours. Luckily, I had off and time to get my shutters up ... and way inland.
Get water and gasoline ASAP. Things got really crazy down here the past 2-3 days. Good Luck, Brother!!
I live inland and am not in any kind of flood zone. The sustained wind speed it what has me freaking out more than anything else. I wasn't able to get my windows shuttered, as I didn't have any and when I tried to get some wood from Lowe's it was all gone. We do have plenty of water and all our vehicles are completely full on gas. It has been crazy here for the past 2-3 days as well. I am just praying it either continues way west or cuts back across the state a little and literally goes straight up the middle (like it was supposed to according to the tracks yesterday).
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

Prayers out for ALL people in FLA!! Be smart, be safe and God willing, it will be just another bad storm..

I am very happy to say that there was no major damage to my house. However having to quickly box up cards and move everything in my office around definitely put some perspective as to how out of control my collection has gotten. I think it's time that I start downsizing the collection quite a bit.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

We are all safe and sound... Lost power for 24 hrs but all considering counting our blessings...

Glad to hear you guys are good. My damage was very minimal and my family is safe ... that's more than I could have asked for. Very lucky and fortunate. I wish a speedy recovery and a return to normalcy to all affected.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

All good here in Plant City, FL. Thankfully we did not lose power, but so many are still without power. Good to see folks coming together to help each other.
Thanks,
- Steve

(09-11-2017, 10:41 PM)djohn Wrote: I am very happy to say that there was no major damage to my house. However having to quickly box up cards and move everything in my office around definitely put some perspective as to how out of control my collection has gotten. I think it's time that I start downsizing the collection quite a bit.
I know the last time I moved I had a u-haul the biggest one you could get and the shelf held nothing but my collection and that was in 2001. (of course back then I was collecting Baseball, Football and Basketball) Now I am Baseball for the most part

Glad you and your family is safe
[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]