`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ted Williams Topps card #508

Ted Williams Topps card #508
Had a bad case of pack attack last evening, so while I was out I stopped at our local Casey's and bought 9 packs from a gravity box of Topps Series 2. Usually I have very poor luck with retail packs like these, but thought I'd try some.

I did pull a few for my pc. Pulled a Gehrig and Mattingly inserts for my Yankees pc, and a Arenoda base card for my Rockies pc. Didn't think too much about it until I pulled a nice Ted Williams card, numbered 508. After I finished with the packs, I entered a search by typing 2017 Topps 508. Looks to me like Hanley Ramirez is card 508, and Ted is 508C with a nice 3 figure price. Don't know what I am going to do with it. I do pull some Ted's for my pc, but I could stand selling it. Don't know what I'll do, but I guess my luck has changed for retail packs.
[Image: 2p7g0XL.png]

RE: Ted Williams Topps card #508
Nice pull!

(08-26-2017, 03:53 PM)wpro11 Wrote: Nice pull!
Thank you. I liked it as I do collect Ted (even though he's a Red Sox).

Do you have a scan? I would love to see it.
Currently collecting Mike Trout, Bo Jackson and Al Kaline.

Sets for sale or trade:

1998 Leaf Rookies & Stars-- 99.7% complete.
1999 Finest-- Complete.
2000 Bowman Chrome-- Complete.
2001 Studio---97% complete.

That is a great pull, Brian! Congrats!
Collecting Robin Yount, Brewers Topps parallels, Brewers autos and Jonathan Lucroy in a Brewers uni.

Lucroy Brewers Collection : 589/596 non 1/1's (98.8%) and 65 1/1's

(08-26-2017, 09:04 PM)cweiland Wrote: Do you have a scan? I would love to see it.
I can scan it for you, but it may take a few days, as I have to move all the cards on my scanner first. I guess keep checking, I'm hoping a couple or three days will do it.

(08-26-2017, 10:14 PM)aprirr Wrote: That is a great pull, Brian! Congrats!
Thank you sir!! How's everything up in Brewer land?
http://www.beckett.com/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif

The Brewers are still playing better than I expected so pretty good! How are things in your neck of the woods(besides the awesome Teddy Ballgame pull!)?
Collecting Robin Yount, Brewers Topps parallels, Brewers autos and Jonathan Lucroy in a Brewers uni.

Lucroy Brewers Collection : 589/596 non 1/1's (98.8%) and 65 1/1's

Congrats on landing the SP. Good thing you realized it was a SP variation and didn't just put it aside as a base card and forget about it.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

(08-27-2017, 11:35 AM)aprirr Wrote: The Brewers are still playing better than I expected so pretty good! How are things in your neck of the woods(besides the awesome Teddy Ballgame pull!)?
It's not too bad here. Cooler weather which always makes it better for Iowa in August. Have gotten to see a bunch of Yankee games the last couple of weeks. I think they're on Tuesday against Cleveland on MLB. Also at least 2 games over the weekend against Boston. So everything is right in my world.
(08-27-2017, 04:08 PM)djohn Wrote: Congrats on landing the SP. Good thing you realized it was a SP variation and didn't just put it aside as a base card and forget about it.
Yes, it is. Usually, with my luck I'll set it aside and trade it or something. But really I got lucky this time. I've been working on organizing my cards, so I stopped to find a price so I could put it in my file.When I saw the price, that's why I had to ask.

Trying to put my scans with flickr

2017ToppsTedSPF<script async src="//embedr.flickr.com/assets/client-code.js" charset="utf-8">

2017ToppsTedSPB