`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ted Williams Topps card #508

RE: Ted Williams Topps card #508
(08-31-2017, 06:06 PM)pjrussell529 Wrote: Being a sports rival with friends is always a good time.

I live in Ohio and oddly enough my girlfriend is a Yankee fan. Ironically though one of us is a Patriots fan and the other is a Giants fan but I am the Giants fan and she is the Pats fan.
I understand. Almost anywhere you go, you see that. A friend and I went down to KC for a series. This was when the Royals had a team at our local minor league franchise. Back then, Yankees had one in the MWL too, so during the course of the season we got to see A affiliates play each other and the major league clubs. Great fun. AT the minor league games we went to, I got a couple lineup cards from the dugouts. To my point, you should have seen all the Yankee fans there. I'm sure most came in from out of town, but I would hazard a guess on the Monday night game, there were way more yankee fans the royals fans. And Kaufmann was sold out.

Most everyone around here where I live though are either cardinals or cubs, some white sox and a few Royals and Twins. But I can think of several yankee fans, 1 Red Sox fan. so it's fun.

[Image: 2p7g0XL.png]

(08-26-2017, 12:49 PM)bamyanks Wrote: Had a bad case of pack attack last evening, so while I was out I stopped at our local Casey's and bought 9 packs from a gravity box of Topps Series 2. Usually I have very poor luck with retail packs like these, but thought I'd try some.

I did pull a few for my pc. Pulled a Gehrig and Mattingly inserts for my Yankees pc, and a Arenoda base card for my Rockies pc. Didn't think too much about it until I pulled a nice Ted Williams card, numbered 508. After I finished with the packs, I entered a search by typing 2017 Topps 508. Looks to me like Hanley Ramirez is card 508, and Ted is 508C with a nice 3 figure price. Don't know what I am going to do with it. I do pull some Ted's for my pc, but I could stand selling it. Don't know what I'll do, but I guess my luck has changed for retail packs.
Your post just created a lot of work for me lol.

I pulled one or two of these and didn't think anything of it and it's in a box somewhere in my home office so now I've got a few thousand cards to search through. On a nice note I've found several Bellinger Rookie cards looking for this Ted williams
Looking for High End Nomar Mazara, Mattingly, Adrian Beltre, Peyton Manning, Clayton Kershaw, Zeke Elliott, and Dak Prescott

(09-04-2017, 03:08 PM)treywatts@gmail.com Wrote: Your post just created a lot of work for me lol.

I pulled one or two of these and didn't think anything of it and it's in a box somewhere in my home office so now I've got a few thousand cards to search through. On a nice note I've found several Bellinger Rookie cards looking for this Ted williams
Sorry, that was not my intention. I almost did the same thing, don't know what made me stop and check it.
[Image: 2p7g0XL.png]

Nice stuff
[Image: marksig1.jpg]
STAN MIKITA CUP FOUNDATIONS
MATT SMABY CUP PRINTING PLATES

BUCKET LINK

At the risk of being a negative Nancy, this is why I hate busting boxes nowadays lol you have to pay attention lol don't get me wrong, epic card, but still, why can't they make it obvious! Case in point, a few years ago I hit a Goodwin sports mini color parallel of tiger woods...now most of those aren't worth more than a couple bucks...the tiger was SSSSSSP and was a three figure card lol and had I not been checking everything at the time it would've gone in a shoebox somewhere forever
[Image: logo1_zpsad67d293.jpg]

11-12 UD Hockey w/ YGs: 438/500 (88%)

DO NOT TRADE LIST: chargers2427, mrmagnum75