`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
I am weird how I collect for my PC

RE: I am weird how I collect for my PC
(08-16-2017, 06:49 AM)jaykayzee Wrote: Amen!

I would pretty much collect all cards for my guy, but I don't chase after base. I'd rather spend my funds now on numbered/material/auto cards. I know I can always pick up base out of a commons box at a show.
Right base card are easy to come by. We're pretty much in the field with collecting how are you storing yours
(08-16-2017, 07:52 AM)phinzphan1372 Wrote: I buy any card with a Dolphins player on it ... past or present ... Smile Base, Numbered or 1/1 ... and all in between .... your not weird for how you collect ... the point of collecting is to enjoy the hobby .... and thats up to you on how you enjoy it!
I remember talking to you when I first come back to the site. I bet your collections in sick by now. Defineity enjoying the hobby just expensive
[Image: B84FB5C2-5EB7-415B-AA95-5715CEB5FD02.jpg]

PC Philadelphia Eagles help me build my pc

I don't really collect base cards either (with maybe one or two exceptions).
There is a God and his name is Billy Joel

I COLLECT ALL OR ANY EMMITT SMITH, IF THEY ARE MEMORABILIA CARDS THEY ARE IN TOP LOADERS. EVERYTHING ELSE IS IN A BINDER BY YEAR & IN ORDER BY PRODUCT. ENJOY YOUR WEIRDNESS. ALTHOUGH NOT WEIRD IN MY OPINION. A FAN IS A FAN BY ANY DEFINITION.
COLLECT DALLAS COWBOYS, MICHIGAN WOLVERINES IN COLLEGE UNI, KELVIN BENJAMIN JASON WITTEN & 2012 TOPPS CHROME DEMARCUS WARE RAINBOW (WANTS MARKED).

(08-16-2017, 11:36 AM)eagleboy85 Wrote: Right base card are easy to come by. We're pretty much in the field with collecting how are you storing yours
I actually got crazy lucky a bunch of years back. The store I was working at was replacing all their display cases with new ones. They were just selling off the old cases for next to nothing, and giving the money to charity.

So I actually have 2 floor model display cases, like you see in a real store. I have a card box with all the base jerseys and numbered parallels, in sleeves, standing up, and a display case with all the patches, autos and lowered numbered jersey cards displayed out like in a store.

''I've never been in style, so I can never go out of style." - Lillian Gish ( 1
893 - 1993)

(08-19-2017, 10:38 AM)jaykayzee Wrote: I actually got crazy lucky a bunch of years back. The store I was working at was replacing all their display cases with new ones. They were just selling off the old cases for next to nothing, and giving the money to charity.

So I actually have 2 floor model display cases, like you see in a real store. I have a card box with all the base jerseys and numbered parallels, in sleeves, standing up, and a display case with all the patches, autos and lowered numbered jersey cards displayed out like in a store.
That's awesome!

With my PC players I collect every card that I can find though with the base cards I usually go with COMC or Sportslots because I can find them very cheap.
I focus my PC on Ken Griffey Jr but I also collect Jay Buhner, Steve Largent and Ryan Bader. Secondary collection: Seattle teams & Univ. of Arizona

(08-19-2017, 08:49 PM)jumper4d8 Wrote: With my PC players I collect every card that I can find though with the base cards I usually go with COMC or Sportslots because I can find them very cheap.
+1. I open Beckett while I shop on COMC and buy stuff at 40% or less of Beckett hi value. I list my items on COMC 35% to 55% as many offer less than that.

Collecting is all for fun - so collect whatever makes you happy personally, I like getting the base cards of the Eagles players for my collection - I recently picked up a box with 500 Eagles cards for $8.95 from an antique store and it was great - a whole bunch of Eagles cards - many of which I didn't have before - for less than 2 cents a piece. Lots of fun and likely a real bargain at the price.

The beauty of this hobby is that you can do whatever you want with it, and can change what you do at will.

For me as a supercollector of certain players (Sean Taylor, Brian Orakpo, Craig Kimbrel), I collect ALL of their cards: base, inserts, GU, AU, 1/1s, I want them all. The base are the easiest to get, and I am with others in that eBay is not the way to go for them. COMC and Sportlots are both great for low end stuff. I use eBay for rare cards that won't show up anywhere else (unless you get lucky at a card show and find something you need for a PC guy).
My Sports Card Album
-Brian Orakpo/Sean Taylor/Craig Kimbrel Super Collector
-Texas Longhorns/Miami Hurricanes/Virginia Tech Hokies/Virginia Cavaliers GU/AU - college uni
-Current Redskins/Braves GU/AU