`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Has anyone busted Panini Football (Retail)?

Has anyone busted Panini Football (Retail)?
For the past 3 years I have chased 1 football product for the complete set and maybe some inserts. In 2016 I did the Panini Football retail set, but was frustrated that nobody wanted to trade for dupes.

So, this year I considered a couple of mid-priced breaks but it is much more difficult to get all the base cards. Now what???

I don't like Donruss or Score...because I like chrome or unusual designs. That puts me back to wondering about 2017 Panini Football because it is different from others.

Opinions?

RE: Has anyone busted Panini Football (Retail)?
I have busted a bunch and am not doing the set.

I am, however, looking for auto/mem/parallel/serial numbered cards of Fournette, McCaffrey, Watson, Jarrad Davis and JuJu Smith-Schuster.

(Also, any parallels of the Adrian Peterson card in a Saints uni ... all I have pulled is base so far.)

If you have anything of those guys, let me know what you have and what you need and I'd be happy to help you out.

Thanks!

RJ

I got one blaster and a couple of jumbo packs - was not impressed.

The base design is okay, but the inserts are pretty weak. Mostly what I got are parallels of base cards. And only two numbered cards out of the blaster and two jumbo packs and an unnumbered plain RPS memorabilia card - very weak return for $30 if you ask me.

Donruss has better inserts btw. I got a hobby box of Donruss, and it was a very fun break. You might want to try some before you dismiss it entirely.

(08-08-2017, 01:09 PM)ZSDOne Wrote: I got one blaster and a couple of jumbo packs - was not impressed.

The base design is okay, but the inserts are pretty weak. Mostly what I got are parallels of base cards. And only two numbered cards out of the blaster and two jumbo packs and an unnumbered plain RPS memorabilia card - very weak return for $30 if you ask me.

Donruss has better inserts btw. I got a hobby box of Donruss, and it was a very fun break. You might want to try some before you dismiss it entirely.
Thanks for the info.

(08-08-2017, 12:35 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: I have busted a bunch and am not doing the set.

I am, however, looking for auto/mem/parallel/serial numbered cards of Fournette, McCaffrey, Watson, Jarrad Davis and JuJu Smith-Schuster.

(Also, any parallels of the Adrian Peterson card in a Saints uni ... all I have pulled is base so far.)

If you have anything of those guys, let me know what you have and what you need and I'd be happy to help you out.

Thanks!

RJ
I have purchased none at this point.

(08-08-2017, 04:04 PM)kerryandbeth Wrote: Thanks for the info.

I have purchased none at this point.
Ah, got it. If you do and want to complete the set, hit me up.

Thanks!

I've actually bought 3 of the retail boxes so far. I don't mind the value at $20 considering you're guaranteed a patch/auto (usually a patch I'm assuming) and get 88 cards total. My patch cards have been DeShone Kizer, Cooper Kupp and Alshon Jeffery so not terrible. Also have gotten McCaffrey, Mahomes, and a few other top rookies, and a Watson "The Rooks" insert. The base rookies were a little disappointing as you only get one per regular pack and the values are essentially the same as Score. I would recommend Score over Panini if you're simply looking for rookies, though Panini does have the RCs in pro uniforms as opposed to the college ones in Score.

(08-11-2017, 05:12 AM)semperbm1463 Wrote: I've actually bought 3 of the retail boxes so far. I don't mind the value at $20 considering you're guaranteed a patch/auto (usually a patch I'm assuming) and get 88 cards total. My patch cards have been DeShone Kizer, Cooper Kupp and Alshon Jeffery so not terrible. Also have gotten McCaffrey, Mahomes, and a few other top rookies, and a Watson "The Rooks" insert. The base rookies were a little disappointing as you only get one per regular pack and the values are essentially the same as Score. I would recommend Score over Panini if you're simply looking for rookies, though Panini does have the RCs in pro uniforms as opposed to the college ones in Score.
Thanks. I am actually just thinking about the set to keep so not concerned about which RCs are included. Our local Wal-Mart do not have these cards as advertised nationally so I would need to buy on secondary market.