`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beckett Magazine "The Hot List"

RE: Beckett Magazine "The Hot List"
(08-09-2017, 01:53 PM)bengalsandreds Wrote: A little of both. What collector doesn't like paying less for PC players? If no one else wants cards of players I collect, chalk that up as a win. I also saw the nostalgia of it. I would see the list and say to myself, "remember when (insert, let's say, 1988 Donruss Greg Jefferies) was the hottest card on the planet? I forgot about that one." And if I didn't have it back in the day, I could certainly pick one up now.
Yeah, I remember getting 'HOT' Mike Greenwell cards and Boston Fans would go nuts giving me Mattingly, Winfield and Henderson cards ... (how'd that work out for you Greenwell fans? Smile ) Not that ANY of those cards are 'worth' anything today, but there's at least HOF after 2/3rds of those older Yankees ... while Greenwell is ...?
But yeah, he went from Hot List to Cold List quickly!
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

RE: Beckett Magazine "The Hot List"
(08-09-2017, 05:00 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Yeah, I remember getting 'HOT' Mike Greenwell cards and Boston Fans would go nuts giving me Mattingly, Winfield and Henderson cards ... (how'd that work out for you Greenwell fans? Smile ) Not that ANY of those cards are 'worth' anything today, but there's at least HOF after 2/3rds of those older Yankees ... while Greenwell is ...?
But yeah, he went from Hot List to Cold List quickly!
Mike Greenwell! There's a blast from the past! The best I could come up with is Hideo Nomo. I remember buying all the packs of 95 Leaf that my middle school allowance could afford to try to find that Nomo RC. I remember it being quite expensive, at least it seemed expensive to 12 year old me. Never could land one. Not that he ended up being a terrible pitcher. He had a decent career. I was fascinated by him for some reason. But in the past couple years, I've picked up several of them for about a buck apiece. So sometimes you have to wait a while for them to hit the cold list, but when they do, they can be had for cheap.
Barry Larkin - 1781 different
Joey Votto jersey numbered cards - 283