`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
People still buying these fake A Cut Above MJ inserts - Be careful

People still buying these fake A Cut Above MJ inserts - Be careful
There are 2 of these fake MJ A Cut Above's listed on ebay right now. One seller is at least listing his as a warning and marking it as "fake".
I've seen so many of these fake A Cut Above MJ's. More so than any other insert for some reason. There are other fake MJ inserts out there so be careful - watch out for Rave's & Super Rave's, BMOC, BMOC Z-Peat.

I keep one of these fakes for reference purposes & I also have a genuine one. I sent the fake one in to PSA to prove to the guy I bought it from that it was indeed a fake so I could get a refund. PSA graded it!!! They didn't catch it. But I knew I was right. So, I spoke to Scott Single, Director of Operations at PSA, and presented the evidence and he agreed with me and said he would pass all of this info on to PSA's research department. They ruled the card as "Questionable Authenticity". (I only got a partial refund, hence why I still have the card).
Now, I have seen a number of these fakes in BGS cases. As far as I know they're currently not catching these counterfeits and grading them. Maybe I should send my fake in to them to see if they catch it.

*A couple other ways to tell fakes from authentics that hasn't been posted yet - the most obvious is the perfectly rounded valleys of the saw at the top of the card & the shiny smoother surface. The back of the fakes is darker than the authentics & the edges of the fake card is often damaged because of the card material and how they cut the cards.*

**The ebay auction for one of these counterfeits is going on right now. The item # is 272764682147 being sold by masterpiece-7. The auction ends tonight and the bid is at $475. There have been several posts on the BGS forum about this very subject and I suggest all of you MJ collectors to read them. I don't want to see someone spend $500-$1,000 on a fake card. These counterfeits are hurting our hobby and we need to be as educated as possible and try to educate others. Tonight someone is going to win that auction and throw their money away. I've already written the seller and given him the evidence but I don't think he cares and he's fine with selling a fake card.

If you're a MJ collector I suggest you read all of these posts on how to spot fakes because people are still buying them.