`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Matt Kenseth and the 2018 NASCAR season

RE: Matt Kenseth and the 2018 NASCAR season
(11-18-2017, 11:41 AM)dunnere Wrote: Danica is cool...that was a good press conference. But she needs to be done, she is not competitive in NASCAR, although I don't get why she doesn't try to run Xfinity...it's where she should have been for a couple of years....
I did like how she handled the press conference. I agree about the Xfinity thing. If she'd have raced a couple more years for JRM in the Nationwide Series before moving up, she might have at least one win (if not several) in NASCAR. I don't see why she and Dale Jr. didn't get together to put her in Byron's #9 car that's vacant now. I wouldn't say that she should be done b/c she's not competitive though. She consistently beats 15-25 drivers every week. I guess she just didn't want to go the route of Sadler, Allgaier, Mears, Yeley, Hornish Jr., etc..

(11-18-2017, 11:05 PM)spazmatastic Wrote: I did like how she handled the press conference. I agree about the Xfinity thing. If she'd have raced a couple more years for JRM in the Nationwide Series before moving up, she might have at least one win (if not several) in NASCAR. I don't see why she and Dale Jr. didn't get together to put her in Byron's #9 car that's vacant now. I wouldn't say that she should be done b/c she's not competitive though. She consistently beats 15-25 drivers every week. I guess she just didn't want to go the route of Sadler, Allgaier, Mears, Yeley, Hornish Jr., etc..
Maybe "not competitive" wasn't exactly the right word choice, but certainly not a risk to the leaders...and she's running championship gear in the same stable as two guys who made the Chase in Harvick and Busch...I will say the same thing about Bowyer. It's time for the 14 to get a top five already.

The difference is I think mid pack guys like Bowyer, McMurrey, Menard, Bayne, Dillon, Allmendinger, Stenhouse, Almirola might actually get in the top ten each week. I never think Danica will...I expect her to finish 22, she never runs up front.

But hey, Danica is fit, tough, attractive, outspoken...she will be fine in whatever her next thing is...I hope she does a cooking/fitness show on NBCSN or something. I'd watch that.
Looking for:
2012 Total Memorabilia Tony Stewart Melting
TripleĀ 1/1
Quad 1/1
Jumbo 1/1
Hot Rod Relics 1/1

05 Studio Portraits Bob Feller (45/56, 80% complete)

I collect Tony Stewart, Bob Feller, Steve Yzerman, Victor Martinez.

www.dunnere.weebly.com

BIG NEWS that I never thought I'd hear.

Richard Petty Motorsports is switching from Ford to Chevy! And they made an alliance with Richard Childress Racing. I'm really surprised by that news. This means that with the D500 start, Bubba will have driven every make in the Series (Toyota in CWTS, Ford in NXS & Cup, and now Chevy in Cup).

According to a report by Adam Stern of Sports Business Journal/Sports Business Daily, Kurt Busch is expected to re-sign with Stewart-Haas Racing sometime in the coming days to continue driving the No. 41 Ford Fusion.

Stern reported on Sports Business Daily: "Stewart-Haas Racing is expected to announce this week that Kurt Busch has signed on to continue driving the team's No. 41 Ford in the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series, according to sources. Terms of the new deal were unclear at press time."
(11-17-2017, 11:44 PM)spazmatastic Wrote: Danica is DONE, kinda. She will not race full-time anymore. She will race in the Daytona 500 and Indy 500 in 2018 though. I wonder who she'll drive for in those races!
The news it that she was in talks with Chip Ganassi Racing...and that those talks have fallen through. That would have gotten her a ride for both the Daytona 500 and the Indy 500...

To me, it looks like the only way Danica gets a ride for either race is if a miracle occurs...
Looking for:
2012 Total Memorabilia Tony Stewart Melting
TripleĀ 1/1
Quad 1/1
Jumbo 1/1
Hot Rod Relics 1/1

05 Studio Portraits Bob Feller (45/56, 80% complete)

I collect Tony Stewart, Bob Feller, Steve Yzerman, Victor Martinez.

www.dunnere.weebly.com