`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
price's on players

price's on players
why is that I see nothing but Michael Jordan's cards always going up its always has to be about him and kove Bryant and LeBron james them 3 they are good and decent players out there besides them 3 and... what is wrong with the poor and decent players too for example vlade divic 2.glen rice 3.mookie blaylock 4. johnny newman 5. nick Anderson 6. Clifford robinson 7.sean Elliott 8.Harvey grant 9.Horace grant 10.kendall gill 11. loy vaught 12.elden Campbell 13.derrick coleman 14.dennis scott 15. jayson Williams (new jersey nets) 16. cedric Ceballos 17. sam Vincent 18. danny ferry 19. hersey Hawkins 20. rod Strickland I am just saying though they are the best 3 players in the NBA but what I am saying is that there are poor and decent players out there that I think there cards should go up too other nba players deserve a chance I mean some went up like nate ncmillan ,monty Williams, dickey simpkins, brooks Thompson, Anthony avent. be nice if all the poor and decent players went up not just Michael Jordan, kobe Bryant, and LeBron james all the time

RE: price's on players
Well MJ, KB and LBJ are considered by many solid investments. It is less likely to loose money on their cards than any other player. There are a lot of collectors out there that collect all sorts of players, prices going up or down does not mean a player is bad, it just means there is not enough demand out there for their cards to push prices up.

With MJ, Kobe and Lebron, I see more people "collecting" their cards more has an investment for future re-sale than has an actual collection.
MJ Collector, Autograph Collector

Consider the main reason that prices fluctuate: supply and demand. The demand for MJ, Kobe, and Lebron is what drives their prices up. There is simply not much demand for lower end players to drive their prices up. Most of the players you listed were semistars at best during their playing careers, so it is very unlikely that any of them will see significant jumps in value, as most people focus their collections on stars and superstars. Also MJ, Kobe, and Lebron are not the only players with values going up. Players like Kevin Durant, Stephen Curry, James Harden, Russell Westbrook, Kawhi Leonard and other young superstars are all highly sought after and hence their values are higher than lesser players. However what is always fun is trying to figure out who will be the next highly collected superstar. Players like Anthony Davis, Isaiah Thomas, John Wall, and others could see jumps in value with a great year and playoff run. Also, players that recently switched teams to bigger markets like Gordon Hayward just did should see jumps in value. All of this comes down to the demand for their cards going up.
Some of the rare inserts from the 90s have seen jumps in value, simply because the supply is so small. As a lot of the cards are in permanent collections, or tucked away and forgotten about. Thus even commons from some of those sets can bring in significant money. That is the side where supply drives the market value.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

And there are a heck of a lot more cards printed for those three every year for people to unload. That should actually make the cards worth less, but people will figure that out eventually.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.